Solution for Apps Not Starting after some kind of app upgrade
For everyone who has problems with apps not starting after some kind of update on the phone:
1. DELETE the app (for instance "App World" from Device-> options etc. etc.
2. Immediately perform a battery pull
3. Install the app either from App World or from the official Application Site (Google Maps from google, App World from RIM)
4. IMMEDIATELY perform another battery pull (Caution: DO NOT Run the app before that)
5. After the reboot run the app as if nothing has ever happened.
Hope this helps.
It has saved me many times.
There are 10 types of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't...
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-19-12, 06:09 AM #2
- 1 Posts
I "upgraded" my app world and bbm when prompted and rebooted my phone......both apps have disappeared.....I tried re installing app world but i only get the option to replace the existing version (which i can't see) and the icon is never there when i re install it.....help!? I can't delete and re install as i can't find the app to delete it.
- There are 10 types of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't...
- By standard_1664 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 01-23-10, 08:34 PM
- By standard_1664 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 8Last Post: 01-23-10, 08:34 PM
- By sodakitty in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-01-09, 12:42 PM
- By airricks in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 12-30-08, 07:30 PM
- By XGaSpAcHo in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 23Last Post: 07-17-08, 11:55 AM