I have owned my Torch for about 3 weeks; a day or so ago, I noticed that while my phone was charging, my LED status indicator went SOLID BLUE. Not blinking blue; I know that relates to my Bluetooth. I have not used bluetooth on this device. I also know there are music services that turn the indicator blue if I am connected to that music gateway; I do not have this option at all (I think it's something available with Rogers).

Whether the phone is on or off, the light stays on. I've done a soft reset, hard reset and master reset - the light stays on through all these resets. The only time the light doesn't shine blue is when the battery is out of it.

The only other issue I noticed was that the charging indicator on the screen was not showing that it was charging. When the charger was plugged in, my phone showed the BB clock. When I clear the phone, the charger indicator is not lit. Pull the charger; re-insert, and the phone starts to charge again. Clear the clock; the indicator is off again.

I've seen at least 5 other posts on Crackberry related to this; none of the notes or potential solutions work. AT&T has no clue as to the problem.

Thoughts anyone?
    09-06-10 07:14 PM
    Yeah, that is wierd, but everything I have found relates the Blackberry Music Gateway is turned on and connected with your device.

Have you thought about a wipe and reinstallation?
    09-06-10 07:39 PM
    Do you have apps for calls or message that cam alter LED color? other then that as stated above reload or reset
    09-06-10 08:04 PM
    I just got the Blue LED issue on my new Z10. Strange thing is - if I put halfway into my BB case - it turns off. If I snugly put into the case - it turns back on. So, I took the z10 out of the case and applied a little pressure on the bottom - non-screen - part of the phone and the blue light turned off. When I let up on the pressure - it turned back on. So, looks like a hardware issue.

I find it very very strange that this occurs on numerous models of Blackberry phones - per the threads on this forum. Isn't that odd? Well, this is my first experience with Blackberry - and I must say - I love the phone - but they do not have very good quality control on the hardware. the first one broke before I even left the AT&T store - the top off/lock button did not work. So, I got another one (again, before I even left the store). Now a couple days of use - and bam - I have this problem.

I want to keep using my BB - but this is sort of crazy.
    03-29-13 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD