Afternoon Folks,

So I recently got a Torch (9800) had it for a couple of weeks and had gone through a backup/transfer of data from my Bold to it all just fine, desktop manager was working no problem. Then the other day I happened to go into the software update menu on the phone and it said there was an update so i began the process only to have it freeze up at around 90% had to pull the batter and the phone is back on minus the update, and with a download in progress icon stuck on the menu and i am now unable to run the software updates from the phone or have the desktop manager recognize the phone.

Any help and responses would be appreciated.
    08-07-11 02:22 PM
    If you have a backup, wipe the device to the error 507 screen. Remove any old OS versions from yojr computer and then download and install the OS you want making sure it is for the 9800. Once you have the OS installed on the computer, use AppLoader to install the OS to the device.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
    08-07-11 02:28 PM
    Were you able to get the above done ?
    08-07-11 03:18 PM
    The OS that I downloaded onto my pc says there is an error reading setup initialization, this is without my bb connected, should i try re-downloading?
    08-07-11 05:52 PM
    I was updating the torch to the AT&T update and got the error 507 code. I rebooted the phone and rebooted the computer. I still had the 507 error on the phone but the DM recognized the phone and I then retried the update and this time worked. My only problem was that when I restored the data it did not restore the applications, so I am in the process of reloading them one at a time---what a pain!.
    08-07-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD