Anyone know if there is an upgrade coming? It would be great to get the social feeds application to include linkedin as well as key word searches for Twitter...

Thanks.
    02-16-11 12:12 PM
    I don't know but I agree with your idea. It would be a welcome addition.
    A little OT but did you know the newly released RIM app 'Blackberry Travel' has Linkedin built in to it?
    02-16-11 12:15 PM
    Yeah, loving the travel app. A lot more integrated than the Worldmate App was.
    02-16-11 12:45 PM
    Speaking of Social Feeds, I just re-installed it this afternoon. Thought I'd give it a try.

I have Twitter, Facebook, MSN, and Google Talk running through it. Or so I thought. The only 2 that actually work are Twitter and Facebook. None of the IM programs seem to be able to work within Social Feeds. Is this normal? Or is this why so many people are saying Social Feeds is good in theory, but the execution is somewhat lacking?

I thought it would be great for 'one stop shopping' for all of my Social Network apps but I'm really not impressed. I'm really leaning towards removing it from my Torch again.
    02-16-11 04:08 PM
    Speaking of Social Feeds, I just re-installed it this afternoon. Thought I'd give it a try.

I have Twitter, Facebook, MSN, and Google Talk running through it. Or so I thought. The only 2 that actually work are Twitter and Facebook. None of the IM programs seem to be able to work within Social Feeds. Is this normal? Or is this why so many people are saying Social Feeds is good in theory, but the execution is somewhat lacking?

I thought it would be great for 'one stop shopping' for all of my Social Network apps but I'm really not impressed. I'm really leaning towards removing it from my Torch again.
    Windows Live Messenger and BBM should integrate as well as RSS feeds.
    In Social Feeds, options, be sure you have the missing IM's checked.
    02-16-11 05:14 PM
    ^^Everything was checked. I made sure of that. Not sure what the problem is.
    02-16-11 05:36 PM
    Try a battery pull?
    Try reinstalling the IM apps that don't show up. Maybe installing SF after the other apps didn't allow them to properly merge with the SF app.
    02-16-11 05:47 PM
    Thanks. I'll give that a try.
    02-16-11 05:50 PM
    Anybody have a better program that is more inclusive?
    02-17-11 09:28 AM

i have facebook, twitter, bbm and googlechat going through my social feeds. the only time bbm and googlechat entries show up is when someone changes their status, not conversations
    02-17-11 09:43 AM
    i have facebook, twitter, bbm and googlechat going through my social feeds. the only time bbm and googlechat entries show up is when someone changes their status, not conversations
    Mine too, so I assume thats how its supposed to work then. I was assuming that it would allow all functions through the Feeds app. Guess not.

Thanks for letting me know, that helps.
    02-17-11 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD