Hello,
    I am getting the java.lang.indexoutofboundsexception on my text messages all of a sudden this morning. It makes it impossible to send or open a text in that specific text file. I have tried several battery pulls, wiped and re-loaded the OS. I can still access the texts through the area between sounds and universal search. If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate them.
    Thanks
    11-01-10 05:29 PM
    Hello,
    I am getting the java.lang.indexoutofboundsexception on my text messages all of a sudden this morning. It makes it impossible to send or open a text in that specific text file. I have tried several battery pulls, wiped and re-loaded the OS. I can still access the texts through the area between sounds and universal search. If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate them.
    Thanks
    If you have something other than the stock theme, change themes; if the problem goes away after that delete the theme you were using, reboot, and reinstall if you want to continue using.
    11-01-10 07:39 PM
    If you have something other than the stock theme, change themes; if the problem goes away after that delete the theme you were using, reboot, and reinstall if you want to continue using.
    I am using the factory theme. I am at a loss and may just take the phone back for a new one.
    Thanks
    11-01-10 08:02 PM
    I am using the factory theme. I am at a loss and may just take the phone back for a new one.
    Thanks
    Upgrades are always fun. One last thing - did you try moving icons around?
    11-01-10 08:06 PM
    connect the phone to the computer, remove the sms database and restart. Not a perfect fix (if it works) but it beats getting another phone. If that doesn't work just reformat it and install the OS again?
    11-01-10 08:10 PM
    connect the phone to the computer, remove the sms database and restart. Not a perfect fix (if it works) but it beats getting another phone. If that doesn't work just reformat it and install the OS again?
    I will try that and post if it works, Thanks!!!
    11-01-10 08:12 PM
    Upgrades are always fun. One last thing - did you try moving icons around?
    Tried the icon moving, no luck. It did happen when I updated this morning.
    11-01-10 08:34 PM
    Okay, I wiped the phone and restored with the back up that I had from yesterday. Text messages working like normal. The update that I did this morning was the problem. Hope it works for a while cause the phone is really good! Thanks for the help!
    11-01-10 09:46 PM
    I had the same thing. From the home screen, and reset everything to default. And it fixes it. This is stupid bug
    11-18-10 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD