So I was reading the new OS thread about the SMS bug. I never had the bug until the last week (been running .225 since it came out). All of a sudden, when I got new SMS, it'd open the thread in the middle like everyone was talking about. So I deleted one of the threads. Then I messaged that person several times enough to have the thread scroll off the screen. Now it's back to "normal". If you want to save your SMS threads, I guess deleting them isn't an option, but if you don't mind cleaning them out every so often, or whenever they start opening in the middle of the thread, it should fix the problem.

Can anyone else who has this problem verify that if you delete any one of those threads, the new conversations with that person opens properly?

Almost seems like a size limit bug... once the thread gets too big, it can't scroll to the bottom?
    10-25-10 01:47 PM
    i have the same problem, i have only had the torch a couple weeks but its a pain. deleting the sms is not really an option for me, as i use mine for work ...a LOT!!!! ...
    is there a fix for this??
    03-09-11 02:19 PM
    This issue was fixed with all the newer OS versions I believe. If not all than def with the newest ones. You mihgt want to install .448 or .450
    03-09-11 02:28 PM
    This only works if the message thread you open is the only one with unread messages in it but if you press the bottom right button on screen (for unread messages) it will say "no other unread messages" (or something like that, I forget) then it will refresh the thread you're in and take you to the new message at the bottom.
    03-09-11 02:52 PM
    install os .450 works like a freakin charm
    03-09-11 02:54 PM
    Both .448 and .450 solve the problem. And, yes, deleting a conversation clears the bug until the conversation gets long again.
    03-09-11 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD