Need help!!! As the day goes on my functions on the slide part don't work. No nav or touch screen. But if I lock the screen and then unlock it its ok. Pain in the ***. I have to lock and unlock 50 times a day. Usually I'm texting, bbm, and emailing..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 09:14 AM
    If the problem is intermittent, and locking/unlocking clears it up, sounds like a software issue. How much free memory fo you have? Do you leave a bunch of apps running in the background? What OS are you on? Have you pulled the battery to reset the device lately?

05-06-11 09:35 AM
    Thanks for replying. I have 1.5 G available on media card. 263 MB on application storage. Battery pull weekly. Wiped and restored. Running 6.0. Since that new download that's when problems started. They want my phone for repair but I don't want to give it up. Its used as my computer. Service provider invollved with no solution. This mourning emailed RIM and they gave me the run around. Poor poor service.

05-06-11 10:23 AM
    Do you have media card compression on or off? Turning it off might speed up your system. Also, if you are using it similar to a computer, do you multitask a lot? Leaving apps running in the baackground by not closing them properlly. (Menu/exit, or back button, NOT the red end button)

Similar to wondows having a bunch of programs runing/minimized, this can slow down your device as well... Do you notice it runs better after a battery pull (only core apps running in the background)?

05-06-11 10:33 AM
    Do you have media card compression on or off? Turning it off might speed up your system. Also, if you are using it similar to a computer, do you multitask a lot? Leaving apps running in the baackground by not closing them properlly. (Menu/exit, or back button, NOT the red end button)

Similar to wondows having a bunch of programs runing/minimized, this can slow down your device as well... Do you notice it runs better after a battery pull (only core apps running in the background)?

05-06-11 11:17 AM
    I'll try your suggestions. Wish me luck. I really don't won't to give this phone up for a bold while its at Telus. Sounds stupid but love my torch. Peace

05-06-11 11:19 AM

05-06-11 03:42 PM
    Somebody suggested going into my bb manager and re setting to a date before the 6.0 ????????

05-06-11 03:43 PM
    Somebody suggested going into my bb manager and re setting to a date before the 6.0 ????????

probably easier to reload or upgrade your os. what version are you running?

(ALT+SHIFT+H) App Version: 6.0.0.???
    05-06-11 04:21 PM
    running version 6.0.0.448 and its since i loaded it, ive been having the issues. it was perfect prior?????
    05-07-11 09:55 AM
    running version 6.0.0.448 and its since i loaded it, ive been having the issues. it was perfect prior?????
    Wish you had stated that in your first post. They are likely related.

TBrenn's suggestion is the way to go.
    05-07-11 03:07 PM
    Wish you had stated that in your first post. They are likely related.

TBrenn's suggestion is the way to go.
    So I'm new at this. Can someone please help step by step..

05-07-11 09:28 PM
    So I'm new at this. Can someone please help step by step..

05-07-11 09:30 PM
    i experienced this three times, since i loaded the latest OS 546. never before....
    yesterday it happened after switching from portrait to landscape and back.

locking/unlocking also worked for me.

try this,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...8/#post6185937

basically, make sure u back everything up, delete the vendor file and run Apploader.
    05-08-11 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD