Does anyone know if it's possible to sketch on the touchscreen of the 9800 using a stylus? Is there an app for it?
    I've recently moved from a bold to the torch and am pretty happy with it. If I could sketch on it, it'd be the perfect phone.
    03-28-11 05:02 AM
    I've been looking for the same thing, but for jotting down quick notes. The best app I've found so far is one called Doodle. It's not what I was looking for, but it's great for sketching so it may be perfect for you. You can snag a copy on App World for free (with ads) or for $0.99 -- It's well worth a buck.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to use a normal stylus with the Torch. You're stuck using a fat "iPhone stylus" due to the nature of the capacitive touchscreen. For all it's advantages, capacitive touchscreens just don't do the pen thing half as well as the old resistive touchscreens.

On a positive note, RIM has recently patented a hybrid capacitive/resistive touchscreen. With any luck, we'll see that technology appear in their upcoming products.

Until then, you can pick up a horrid fat stylus just about anywhere. Heres just one from the crackberry shop:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=oFb2nXK3
    03-28-11 06:04 AM
    Thanks for the tip!
    Will give Doodle a try.
    03-28-11 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD