I need some help...
    I get perfect service on my At&T unlocked blackberry torch that I'm using on telus. But everytime I insert my MicroSD card, it loses service and shows a sim card error or "Insert your Sim card". After removing it, I have to restart the phone, and once it finishes, boom. Perfect Service again!

Can anybody tell me what's going on, or if they had the same problem? I tried restarting, wiping the device, but no help.

Any help is appreciated
    04-20-11 05:42 PM
    I need some help...
    I get perfect service on my At&T unlocked blackberry torch that I'm using on telus. But everytime I insert my MicroSD card, it loses service and shows a sim card error or "Insert your Sim card". After removing it, I have to restart the phone, and once it finishes, boom. Perfect Service again!

Can anybody tell me what's going on, or if they had the same problem? I tried restarting, wiping the device, but no help.

Any help is appreciated
    are you hot swapping the SD card with the device powered on? if so, try inserting the SD card with the battery out, and letting the device boot fully, with the SD card and SIM card both in...
    04-20-11 05:51 PM
    I tried your suggestion a couple hours ago, but it didn't work. I tried it again and it worked....
    It's weird, because my other Torch doesn't require to do a full boot with both the SD card and SIM in at the same time. It detects it right away. Any reason for that?
    04-20-11 08:01 PM
    The torch is supposed to be able to hot swap sd cards. It could be an issue with your OS, or perhaps an IT policy from a BES account/server... I would recomend upgrading or reloading the OS, but depending on how often you insert/remove the SD card, it might be best to just "deal with it" if that's the only issue with the device / OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 08:50 PM
    Yeah it works perfectly fine without my Otterbox on, but if I put it on and I leave the phone for a few hours on it's own, I lose service again, then I have to pull the battery, take the SD card out, put battery back, let the phone boot up, remove battery again, insert SD card, reinsert battery, let it fully boot.
    I think I'll try reloading the OS, and hopefully it fixes the problem.
    04-22-11 08:04 AM
    Could be an issue with the card. Once you have the card in the phopne, format it from the device. You might consider trying a different card, to see if you get the same results...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 11:41 AM
    I'm assuming you haven't tried this already, but you should seriously consider getting a new SIM from Telus, this sounds more like some bizarre SIM issue then a MicroSD card.

I've never had this issue on any device (8120, 8310, 8900, 9000, 9530, 9630, 9700, 9780, 9800, etc etc) however with my SIM swapping habits, I burn through SIMs every 6-8 months, and generally suggest people get new SIMs once a year, It may be worth a shot in this case to try getting a new SIM.
    04-23-11 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD