I am a Multi Blackberry user, I have the Blackberry 9300 for Business, and the 9800 for business/FUN,

I really do love my Torch over the 9300, and my previous 9630, and 8330 it is my favourite blackberry to date, OS6 is brilliant, I have one complaint with BBM and image sending, that I need to figure out, but apart from that this phone speeds up my day to day activities, and is unparalleled for Excel file navigation with any other device I've used, including iPhones, (not iPhone4 though)

BUT I have found a side effect, after having a 4 day weekend and pumping out BBM and some small emails on my torch, finally loving how it feels in my hand today when I needed to bash out a few e-mails on the 9300 I could get over how fat it felt in my hand it was like typing on a brick, my 9800 is naked, my 9300 has a INCIPIO skin adding about 5mm to the over all thickness, but WOW the difference was very noticeable, this is the first time I've ever found discomfort with a BB, my switching back and forward from a 8330 in an otterbox to a naked 9630 was never as dramatic.

I might have some difficulty in a years time changing from my torch to a Candybar OS6/QNX blackberry!
    10-12-10 06:34 PM
    The curve series even makes the 9650/9700 feel like a brick though, they are just way, way smaller... Especially due to the weight difference.
    10-12-10 06:40 PM
    Side effect: when the rare occasion comes that I pick up and use my 9000, I keep trying to touch icons on the screen.
    10-12-10 06:43 PM
    Side effect: when the rare occasion comes that I pick up and use my 9000, I keep trying to touch icons on the screen.
    Haha, the same thing happens with me and my 9000 and every time I do it I feel a bit disappointed.
    10-12-10 06:46 PM
    I have to say, I didn't expect to use my touch screen as much as I do.

in BBM I use it for smilies
    I use it when switching applications,

I'm still far more keypad and touchpad guy than touch screen, MAYBE 20 words have been typed using the on screen keyboard. but I am loving this phone.
    10-12-10 06:50 PM
    I didn't expect to use the popup menus at all, especially after most of the crappy blog reviewers that apparently don't know what they're doing...

But I use them A LOT...
    10-12-10 06:51 PM
    I didn't expect to use the popup menus at all, especially after most of the crappy blog reviewers that apparently don't know what they're doing...

But I use them A LOT...
    How is navigating on a touchscreen versus the keyboard shortcuts on a traditional BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 06:58 PM
    Ha!! I'm not the only one!
    10-12-10 06:58 PM
    How is navigating on a touchscreen versus the keyboard shortcuts on a traditional BB?

The same + a lot easier. You can do the usual keyboard stuff + trackpad + BB button + back button (no different).

But at the same time you can instantly click on any icon instead of scrolling to it....
    You can instantly select any UI items without moving to them...
    You can scroll with the trackpad and click on the touchscreen simultaneously...
    You can click+hold on the screen to bring up context popup menus instead of using the regular menu.
    10-12-10 07:01 PM
    Embarrasing moment for me... I was at an ATM a couple days after getting my torch (this is my first touchscreen, btw) and I was trying to withdraw money from my account from one of the preset amounts by tapping on the screen. It took me a moment to realize what I was doing and why the machine wasn't responding. There was a line-up behind me, and I got a couple of weird looks on my way out.

I'm not aware if there are touchscreen ATMs anywhere near me, but I've never encountered one.

10-12-10 08:06 PM
    The main downside is that now I've probably spoiled myself to the point where I'm paying for a data plan for the rest of my life. Over 60 years, that's around $20 000! Oh well.

10-12-10 09:30 PM
    Roflmao. Just today I did the same thing on my 9700. My daughter has been using my 9700 and sje asked me to show her how to sent a txt to more than 1 person. When she handed it to me I started tapping,,,

10-12-10 09:51 PM
    Co-worker handed me his BB to read a message. Required scrolling. Thumb on screen, swipped and NOTHING happened. He gave me a strange look. His BB has a trackball. A TRACKBALL! Did that ever feel wierd using. And I upgraded from an 8310. Just didn't feel right.

10-12-10 10:52 PM
    I also have touched the screen of a non-touch blackberry .. Hahaha another side effect i have tonic is when you're using a storm series you scroll down looking for the trackpad.. And sometimes you just touch the screen when you should been pressing it
    10-13-10 02:33 AM
    I sat there trying to hit a button on the screen on my aunt's non-touch screen blackberry. I kept pushing it over and over again not understanding why it wasn't doing anything. She was watching me over my shoulder and said, "It's not a touch screen." Total brain fart moment!

On topic...I like holding my 9700 and pushing the buttons after getting used to the Torch. I hate to say it, but I like the feel of my 9700 better. I like the non-clickiness of the buttons as well. Still wouldn't trade it for my Torch! I love my Torch!
    10-13-10 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD