I picked up my torch for work today. I think I have everything setup, but my e-mail does not show my inbox folders, nor does it show messages sent prior to my setup. How can I get my folders and other inbox messages?

I have tried to login to AT&T's Enterprise server, and I get an error that says I cannot do this via html.
    11-19-10 09:11 PM
    Are you on BES or BIS?
    11-19-10 09:32 PM
    BIS I think (99%) certain.
    11-19-10 09:37 PM
    On BIS you will not get emails that were sent prior to setting up the account. You will also not get your folders because BIS can not 'see' your Outlook setup. BIS is just retrieving the mail from your mail server and sending a copy to your phone. It has no connection to Outlook. You have to be on a corporate BES to be able to sync all emails and folders with the phone.
    11-19-10 09:45 PM
    ok. That won't be a problem, I don't think. I just wish is did sync calendars and contacts. Oh well.

Thanks for the quick reply!
    11-19-10 09:47 PM
    You may be able to do it through Desktop Manager. Install DM and I think there will be an options to connect it with Outlook and then there may be a way to sync the calendar and contacts. Not 100% sure as I've always been on BES.
    11-19-10 10:11 PM
    Yeah, sync on pc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 11:17 AM
    I am on BIS and just set up my Torch and it did sync my contacts without connecting to the Desktop Manager Program. I also added a new contact on the BB and it synced it to my Windows Live account.

I made a change on Windows Live and it has not re-synced with the BB yet...not sure if it will or how long it will take.
    11-21-10 12:55 AM
    Wait...it just sync'd after an hour...works fairly slick!
    11-21-10 12:59 AM
    Hi,
    this is interesting. SO is there a calender and contact sync with hotmail?
    Can you check what happens if you mark emails as read/unread, or if you delete messages in your hotmail account? Do you see messages that have been sent from hotmail account?

thanls!
    Jr

12-07-10 03:49 PM
    Hi,
    this is interesting. SO is there a calender and contact sync with hotmail?
    Can you check what happens if you mark emails as read/unread, or if you delete messages in your hotmail account? Do you see messages that have been sent from hotmail account?

thanls!
    Jr
    I'm not sure about hotmail, but it will sync read, contacts and calendar with Gmail.
    12-07-10 04:24 PM
    Desktop Manager should synch contacts and calendar in Outlook with BIS. I also make sure to delete email on handheld and my account.
    12-07-10 04:57 PM
    thanks for the reply. I know about gmail and the possibility with desktop manager.

However i dont want to use google because of the better sync of outlook and hotnail.

The user above mentioned the possibility to a ota snyc with hotmail with the nearly same features as with gmail.

So if someone has a answer to the question above it would be awesome.

thanks
    jr

12-08-10 03:33 AM
    thanks for the reply. I know about gmail and the possibility with desktop manager.

However i dont want to use google because of the better sync of outlook and hotmail.

The user above mentioned the possibility to a ota sync with hotmail with the nearly same features as with gmail.

So if someone has a answer to the question above it would be awesome.

thanks
    jr

No, "chrismacwpg" mentioned ota syncing with Windows Live (originally intended to be the replacement for the old Outlook Express). AFAIK, that's not the same as hotmail. I'm pretty sure you can set up any email account in Win Live. Although, I haven't tried it yet. I may just have to.

12-08-10 09:38 AM
    According to the features in email setup for my Hotmail account you can sync contacts and deleted items (no calendar).

I don't use this account for my contacts, so can't comment on how it performs.
    12-08-10 09:46 AM
    Thanks so mutch for the reply.

Can you check what happens if you mark emails as read or unread, or if you delete messages in your hotmail account? (Mailbox to BB sync)
    12-08-10 11:54 AM
    It did not sync read or unread, and for some reason keeps giving me an error when I select the option to sync deleted - so can't test that out...
    12-08-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD