I have to say that this forum is incredibly useful, and I rather enjoy the posts. I need to ask this question about upgrading my BB 8530 to the Torch. Of course in order to get the cheaper hardware price I have to resign the dreaded contract. I don't mind doing it so much so long as the new phone is worth it. That's why I wanted to ask current Torch users a few questions:

1) The Web Browser, will I enjoy the experience more? As in faster loading, using google on the run, instead of the dreaded loading.......Is the experience better on a Torch or just OS 6 in general?

2) Using the device not only for business but for multi media. I have a Mac does OS 6 support iTunes? Can I get rid of the ipod?

3) Data entry, using the slide out keyboard or the touch screen?

I just wanted to hear some feedback before I pull the trigger.

Thanks,
    05-26-11 02:18 PM
    Yes
    +10 Char
    05-26-11 02:20 PM
    I would say go for it but once you get it you will need to update it for some of the older OS has some bugs and the newest ones solve a lot of problems that you will probably encounter and cause you not to enjoy it to the fullest.

I love my Torch but it is my first BB.
    05-26-11 02:32 PM
    Isn't the 8530 cdma? If so you'll have to change carriers for the 9800.
    05-26-11 02:57 PM
    The Bell network converted to "HSPA" recently so it does use SIM card technology, so I would still be on the same carrier, but using different technology
    05-26-11 03:18 PM
    Yeah sounda good coming from a curve to a torch u gonna love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 03:48 PM
    That sounds like the AT&T switch a few years ago. Is there a deadline that all users have to switch by?
    05-26-11 04:18 PM
    I have to say that this forum is incredibly useful, and I rather enjoy the posts. I need to ask this question about upgrading my BB 8530 to the Torch. Of course in order to get the cheaper hardware price I have to resign the dreaded contract. I don't mind doing it so much so long as the new phone is worth it. That's why I wanted to ask current Torch users a few questions:

1) The Web Browser, will I enjoy the experience more? As in faster loading, using google on the run, instead of the dreaded loading.......Is the experience better on a Torch or just OS 6 in general?

2) Using the device not only for business but for multi media. I have a Mac does OS 6 support iTunes? Can I get rid of the ipod?

3) Data entry, using the slide out keyboard or the touch screen?

I just wanted to hear some feedback before I pull the trigger.

Thanks,
    Hi Turner! For sure its gonna be a whole new experience for you. For me, the Torch is a totally different machine compared to the Curve.

1. Web browser. You'll enjoy more browsing experience! Faster page loads, bigger screen, tabbed pages, and few other more differences. As for this matter, you'd just need to get the proper OS versions to get it to run smoothly.

2. Business and multimedia use. As I said before, you'll enjoy this device. Reading/composing emails, word processing, tables and pdf's on bigger screen. Crisp display too! As long as you have the appropriate office software, you're gonna be just fine. As for multimedia, it has a pretty good speaker. I've been enjoying John Denver songs with very clean guitar sounds even in the bathroom while I take a shower. But sorry mate, I haven't got any experiences with macs before, and I don't think I'd need an ipod since I've got a Torch. But having one wont hurt your phone's battery though

3. Data entry. Both physical and virtual keyboards are great. I used to love my Bold 9000, and I'm glad that the Torch has a physical k/board.

That's all I could say to you right now. Maybe our other friends might add more just to convince you
    Last edited by jakarta; 05-26-11 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-26-11 08:16 PM
    The big screen will improve your experience for most of what you want out of your device. With a big memory card, ditch your iPod (I have a 16 gb looking for a deal on a 32 gb now).
    05-27-11 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD