View Poll Results: What colour torch?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • black

10 66.67%
  • white

5 33.33%
    Hey all,

Basically, my phone contract is due for renewal in a weeks time, and prior to that I've been doing some browsing on BB smart phones, and think a Torch is the way forward. However, I'd just like to ask 2 tiny q's

1. When using your Torch on a daily basis, are there any querks or bugs that effect performance (lag on touch screen etc.)

2. What color? I'm striving for a white one just to be different but what's everyone sayin colour wise?

Tanks !
    06-18-11 06:00 AM
    do you know about the new BB's which will be released in about 1-2months ?
    with better hardware, better software etc
    06-18-11 06:10 AM
    No I don't, explain !
    06-18-11 06:15 AM
    alright

there'll be new BB's very soon, a new bold (BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 - GSM / CDMA versions)
    it'll feature a 2,8inch screen, with the BEST physical keyboard + a touchscreen
    way better hardware than any other blackberry out there, lots of new features etc

you should just check out all the articles on crackberry.com regarding this device, or check out youtube for the bold 9900 hands on at blackberry world by crackberry (Kevin)

it'll have a way better software, so smooth, better camera and all that stuff, the thinnest blackberry to date and all that, but really.. i cant list everything down here, theres SO much more, it'll be SO MUCH better, just google, you'll find tons of information

oh and also:::::
    since you seem to like the torch, one of the new bb devices coming out will be the torch 2, also with better hardware of course, the newest software etc
    check it out : )
    06-18-11 06:19 AM
    Personally I would wait for the new devices. And if your looking for the torch you should get the torch 2 ut I have the torch I wish the new bold will come out?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 06:25 AM
    Ahh okk thanks man.

When are all these due out tho? Like literally 2 months or sometime at the end of this year?
    06-18-11 06:28 AM
    they'll come out this summer, so july-september
    most people assume its gonna be august
    06-18-11 06:29 AM
    Hmm there's no official release date no?
    06-18-11 06:36 AM
    no, RIM only said it'll be this summer, so they definitely come out within the next 1-3 months
    some carriers already have them on their site etc

1-2 months probably, dont worry : )
    06-18-11 06:41 AM
    If you have to come to a forum to ask whether we should decide for you, then your not grown up enough to own a blackberry.

Honestly though no one can decide for you. Physically go into a store and check out all the devices currently out there. For those that are saying to wait, the next best thing is always "just" around the corner and if the torch fits his needs then there's no need to wait for the next best thing. The current torch works just fine and with the recent OS leaks I have 0 lag anywhere. Not quite sure exactly what having a faster processor will accomplish when its still the same old software with some simple UI tweaks.
    06-18-11 06:58 AM
    hmm.. I wonder if it'll be worth getting a pay and go sim until the phone comes out.
    06-18-11 07:00 AM
    berrywithacherry,
    definitely wait for the new devices, trust me on this one

you'll thank me later : P
    06-18-11 07:03 AM
    I already have a Torch and I'll be getting a Torch 2. Along with everyone else, I strongly suggest you wait for it.
    To answer your poll question, I personally will wait to see if they release a white one. My Torch (second one right now, I crushed my first one with my ATV) is awesome, I absolutely love it. It actually loads pages faster than my Atrix did after a few days of use on the Atrix.
    However, I suggest that you put some quality time trying the device. Only you can determine what works for you. The slide keyboard turns some people off. Personally, I love it.
    06-18-11 07:46 AM
    thanks guys. much appreciate the advice
    06-25-11 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD