Im getting a torch on friday, and the bills gunna go up a bit more for me, i absolutely have to have caller id.. so w/ tax my bill would be like 68.

my question is, should i bother getting voicemail for another 4? making my bill 72? despite the small difference, a bill over 70 seems like so much more!

i can honestly say i hardly ever get voicemails soooo... i dunno
    would you recommend it?

and torches dont have visual voicemail right?
    03-22-11 09:47 PM
    I dont use it I hate voicemail always delete them.
    Having a BB they cant email, BBM, yahoo msn and last resort msg

I would not pay for voicemail IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 10:04 PM
    You have to pay extra for caller id? What carrier is that, and why are they stuck in 1990?

As for voicemail, use BlackBerry App World - YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus it's a great app, and FREE too! You can pay extra for to get your voicemails in a readable form, but for a visual voicemail app YouMail can't be beat.
    03-22-11 10:10 PM
    You have to pay extra for caller id? What carrier is that, and why are they stuck in 1990?
    its with rogers
    03-22-11 10:16 PM
    As for voicemail, use BlackBerry App World - YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus it's a great app, and FREE too! You can pay extra for to get your voicemails in a readable form, but for a visual voicemail app YouMail can't be beat.
    The OP is with Rogers from Canada, and the other poster is with Claro from South America.

Unfortunately YouMail is only available for use in the US.

Booooo, YouMail!!!

And for some assinine reason, Canadian carriers do not even have visual voicemail as an option. (There is a user-pay option for the readable voicemail, voicemail transcription some call it. I had a free trial and hated it more than watching the 4 minutes I've seen of the movie The Notebook.)
    Last edited by elite1; 03-22-11 at 10:35 PM.
    03-22-11 10:32 PM
    I think it is a tough question. Voicemail is good for emergencies but if you see that you have 8 missed calls from someone you can assume it is an ex girlfriend or emergency. If I had to pay for voicemail I do not think I would have it. Voicemail is great for screening those phone calls that you don't want to answer (strange and private numbers).

03-23-11 07:23 AM
    I have it for free through AT&T and love it. You on the other hand have to pay for it, so I would say its a waste of money. I'm also assuming you have normal voicemail for free? Call a number to retrieve voicemail's(for free), or pay extra to be able to view it on the device.

It's a no brainer for me.
    03-23-11 07:34 AM
    what about google voice? I have it set up so that my voicemail forwards to my google voice account (free) and then it even sends me a text or email of the voicemail. Works for me and its free.
    03-23-11 03:01 PM
    I think it is a tough question. Voicemail is good for emergencies but if you see that you have 8 missed calls from someone you can assume it is an ex girlfriend or emergency. If I had to pay for voicemail I do not think I would have it. Voicemail is great for screening those phone calls that you don't want to answer (strange and private numbers).

On top of screening calls, if you receive a lot of important calls, work related, looking for work, or are more often than not not able to take calls, then I would recoment adding voicemail... Rogers might have some sort of business package that you can bundle voicemail, caller I'd, and like txt msgs or something...

If you are usually able to answer your phone, or always return missed calls, then you should be fine...

My outlook on missed calls has always been - "hey, I have (and pay for) voicemail, so iif people can't be bothered to leave a message, then I can't be bothered to call them back (even if I know who called...)

03-23-11 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD