The first ever Shortcut Manager designed for the BlackBerry OS6 and Torch.

No more custom launchers. No more asking developers to create you the launcher. Now you can create short cuts on the HomeScreen with Shortcut Manager.

You can create the shortcut in any folder or create a new folder for it. Set the icon text, icon and rollover icon.

You can even create a complete email, sms or pin message and then send the message by just Launching the shortcut and then select Send.

Creating speed dial is simple. Just enter the phone number or do a lookup and then optionally select a new Picture or use the default Contact picture during Lookup.

Shortcuts: email, sms, pin, websites, video, mp3, phonecall, new appt, new contact, new memo, new task, search youtube and any file.

Click here to download ShortcutManager - Create shortcuts on the HomeScreen like email, sms, website, phone call and others - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    08-17-10 05:35 PM
    For anyone that wants a UNIVERSAL SEARCH icon on their Torch and is using a third party theme that does not have UNIVERSAL SEARCH built into it, you can use this app to create one as follows:

ShortcutManager - Create shortcuts on the HomeScreen like email, sms, website, phone call and others - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Shortcut Manger is a cool app that allows you to set up shortcut icons. To set up a shortcut icon for Universal Search you need to set up an icon from the list of applications and you need to find:
    net_rim_bb_universalsearch_app
    And you'll end up with a UNIVERSAL SEARCH icon (as the top row second from left):

So you'll end up with your third party theme with a Universal Search Icon on home screen as below (icon on top right of theme):
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-26-10 at 03:16 PM.
    10-26-10 02:56 PM
    I downloaded this and can't seem to figure out how to change the icon for a shortcut i made. I'm wondering if that option is only allowable in the pay version? Just thought i would try it out before buying it, but i think I'm going to buy it anyways. Nice app.
    10-26-10 04:33 PM
    I downloaded this and can't seem to figure out how to change the icon for a shortcut i made. I'm wondering if that option is only allowable in the pay version? Just thought i would try it out before buying it, but i think I'm going to buy it anyways. Nice app.
    After installing this app, did you do a battery pull?
    I am not sure about the free version but the paid version works well for many other uses besides the Universal Search icon!
    10-26-10 04:59 PM
    Yes I did a battery pull. When i go to the icon section the only option I get is to paste? That does nothing. Just going to buy it anyways.
    10-26-10 05:04 PM
    Bought it, and it has bugs. Can't seem to add more than 2 phone call short cuts without an error, then if you manage to have 2 successful, the 3rd one will replace one, names will be swapped, etc....
    Emailed tech support, but nothing yet.
    10-27-10 03:03 PM
    Bought it, and it has bugs. Can't seem to add more than 2 phone call short cuts without an error, then if you manage to have 2 successful, the 3rd one will replace one, names will be swapped, etc....
    Emailed tech support, but nothing yet.
    It works great for me. Did you do the battery pull as in the instructions?
    10-27-10 03:06 PM
    It works great for me. Did you do the battery pull as in the instructions?
    I believe I did. Just to be sure, I re-installed the program, then when it asked to reboot, I chose "later", then pulled the battery.

Still have the same problem. Did I miss something?
    10-27-10 04:20 PM
    I believe I did. Just to be sure, I re-installed the program, then when it asked to reboot, I chose "later", then pulled the battery.

Still have the same problem. Did I miss something?
    I don't know what to tell you but I have 6 phone number icons, 8 e-mails icons, and 4 application icons and all work just fine.
    You do have a Torch?
    10-27-10 04:27 PM
    Instructions for Phone call setup:

Open ShortcutManager>New Shortcut>Click on Shortcut Type>Phone Call>Enter Icon Name, Icon Description, and Phone # (or use Lookup)>Go to top and click on Icons and select the icon picture for Normal state and then Rollover state>click Info (at top)>Save
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-27-10 at 04:56 PM.
    10-27-10 04:32 PM
    Yes, I have to update my profile.
    Damn bugs!

I get the 1rst phone call shortcut to work. When I try the 2nd and finish putting in all the info and hit SAVE, I get "Error in creating Shortcut".
    When I OK that message, then click Cancel, I see the short cut in my list, but it has managed to screw up the first one by either changing the icon, or the number. Frustrating.
    Last edited by Hawk99; 10-27-10 at 04:42 PM.
    10-27-10 04:32 PM
    Yes, I have to update my profile.
    Damn bugs!

I get the 1rst phone call shortcut to work. When I try the 2nd and finish putting in all the info and hit SAVE, I get "Error in creating Shortcut".
    When I OK that message, then click Cancel, I see the short cut in my list, but it has managed to screw up the first one by either changing the icon, or the number. Frustrating.
    Have you been able to do other shortcuts (besides phone calls)?
    Did you follow my instructions in my last post above?
    10-27-10 04:55 PM
    Haven't tried any other short cuts yet. Phone calls were the main reason I bought this.
    Anyway deleted and re-installed the app. It didn't ask me for my Reg#, but did the same thing. Pulled the battery, and went to permissions and set all to Allow, although while there I saw that Interactions permissions, it still shows Custom only because one of the criteria (Security Timer Reset) will not allow it to be changed from Deny. Does anyone else have this in their permissions?
    Thanks,
    10-27-10 07:04 PM
    Haven't tried any other short cuts yet. Phone calls were the main reason I bought this.
    Anyway deleted and re-installed the app. It didn't ask me for my Reg#, but did the same thing. Pulled the battery, and went to permissions and set all to Allow, although while there I saw that Interactions permissions, it still shows Custom only because one of the criteria (Security Timer Reset) will not allow it to be changed from Deny. Does anyone else have this in their permissions?
    Thanks,
    My permissions are set like yours.
    One more thing to try:
    Open ShortcutManager>Menu>Click on Refresh all and then check to see if you have icons on the app screen.
    Other than this, I have no idea why you are having trouble.
    10-28-10 09:54 AM
    My permissions are set like yours.
    One more thing to try:
    Open ShortcutManager>Menu>Click on Refresh all and then check to see if you have icons on the app screen.
    Other than this, I have no idea why you are having trouble.
    Tried it. No effect. I also tried other shortcuts (new contact) and all worked well. Seems to just be the phone call shortcut: the first one sets up perfectly, then the second one gives an "error creating shortcut" message when you hit save. I then hit cancel, but its in the list of shortcuts, click on it, try save again, program requests to delete it and hit save again, do that and now the first one is gone. Hope you could follow that.
    Still waiting for tech support. Didn't know I could get so frustrated over a $1.99 purchase.
    10-28-10 11:36 AM
    Toysoft Tech support sucks! No response! Nothing!
    10-29-10 12:51 PM
    Is this app any different than being able to create short cuts with the built in option on the Torch, other than being able to change the icon?
    Last edited by ehard24; 10-30-10 at 07:13 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    10-30-10 06:04 PM
    Toysoft Tech support sucks! No response! Nothing!
    are you kidding? where did you send your question too? we didnt receive your email.

make sure you send to [email protected]

could be that the mail server tag your email as spam.
    10-30-10 07:46 PM
    Is this app any different than being able to create short cuts with the built in option on the Torch, other than being able to change the icon?
    on the Torch you are limited to what you can create. with shortcut manager you can create alot more shortcuts and it also allows you to assign custom icons.

you can try it free
    10-30-10 07:47 PM
    Tried it. No effect. I also tried other shortcuts (new contact) and all worked well. Seems to just be the phone call shortcut: the first one sets up perfectly, then the second one gives an "error creating shortcut" message when you hit save. I then hit cancel, but its in the list of shortcuts, click on it, try save again, program requests to delete it and hit save again, do that and now the first one is gone. Hope you could follow that.
    Still waiting for tech support. Didn't know I could get so frustrated over a $1.99 purchase.
    make sure you name the shortcut different. it must have a unique name. if you have the trial version then i only allows limited shortcuts.
    10-30-10 07:49 PM
    I have the paid version of Shortcut Manager. Is it possible to create a shortcut to the Service Status screen (the option at the bottom of the Manage Connections screen)?
    10-31-10 09:31 AM
    I have the paid version of Shortcut Manager. Is it possible to create a shortcut to the Service Status screen (the option at the bottom of the Manage Connections screen)?
    not sure if there is an api for this but it could be done.
    let me check it out.
    10-31-10 10:57 AM
    Ok, maybe you guys who are having good luck with this thing can help me out, 'cos so far I'm baffled. I went ahead and purchased it, so I expect I've got the full version. I also did a battery pull after installing, and I've changed all permissions for the app to 'Allow'.

I'm specifically trying to create custom shortcuts for frequently visited web sites. Here are the issues I'm running into:

1 - The demo screen shots show all these very slick icons, but I can't figure out how to get any into the utility. If they're somewhere in storage, I sure can't find 'em, at least for existing apps and web shortcuts. I'm still getting a ControlledAccessException attempting to access the System folder, which is where I suspect they are. What are the valid file types that can be used for icons? Do they all have to be manually added to my Pictures folder?

2 - Regardless of which type of shortcut you select to create, the Lookup button only goes to my Contacts. So if I want to simply assign a custom icon to link I already have saved on my Home page, I need to dig up the URL somewhere, create a new shortcut, and have remembered to find and save an icon image before starting the whole process. And I have to be sure to get it right the first time, because ...

3 - Once a shortcut is created, there's no way to updated it? You have to delete it first then re-save it??? That's kinda lame. This tool would be MUCH more useful if it were simply able to modify existing shortcuts, whether created through the OS or with the tool itself.

Maybe I'm missing something here; it looks like a neat idea on paper, but so far in practice this tool is striking me as a thumbs-down.
    10-31-10 11:34 AM
    Ok, maybe you guys who are having good luck with this thing can help me out, 'cos so far I'm baffled. I went ahead and purchased it, so I expect I've got the full version. I also did a battery pull after installing, and I've changed all permissions for the app to 'Allow'.

I'm specifically trying to create custom shortcuts for frequently visited web sites. Here are the issues I'm running into:

1 - The demo screen shots show all these very slick icons, but I can't figure out how to get any into the utility. If they're somewhere in storage, I sure can't find 'em, at least for existing apps and web shortcuts. I'm still getting a ControlledAccessException attempting to access the System folder, which is where I suspect they are. What are the valid file types that can be used for icons? Do they all have to be manually added to my Pictures folder?

2 - Regardless of which type of shortcut you select to create, the Lookup button only goes to my Contacts. So if I want to simply assign a custom icon to link I already have saved on my Home page, I need to dig up the URL somewhere, create a new shortcut, and have remembered to find and save an icon image before starting the whole process. And I have to be sure to get it right the first time, because ...

3 - Once a shortcut is created, there's no way to updated it? You have to delete it first then re-save it??? That's kinda lame. This tool would be MUCH more useful if it were simply able to modify existing shortcuts, whether created through the OS or with the tool itself.

Maybe I'm missing something here; it looks like a neat idea on paper, but so far in practice this tool is striking me as a thumbs-down.
    the app does not include any custom icons. you will need to download them on net or somewhere and put them on the sd card or in memory.

You may not access to the system folder. it is restricted.

if you are browsing the site and you select Copy address from the menu to the clipboard. you can then run shortcut manage and create a new weblink. select the URL field and the select Paste from the menu. this will copy the link there

of course you can modify the shortcut. it would be useless if you can't. Just run shortcut manager, select the shortcut you want to edit. do your changes and then select Save. If you get an error msg just resave it again.
    10-31-10 12:04 PM
    Ok, so maybe I was a little hasty ... I wasn't expecting that the icons were delivered with the app, but I figured they could at least be obtained from somewhere for existing apps. But a little web searching and a few minutes in PhotoShop and I was able to turn out some nice, simple images for the tool to build icons from. The end result is a whole lot cleaner looking than what the browser saves via Add to Home Screen, so from that perspective, mission accomplished. And I see that you can in fact save updates to an existing shortcut; the error message when you do this indicates that it won't, but it does.

I do like how the tool 'buttonizes' the image (at least for web shortcuts ... haven't attempted any others yet). The option to import/export them to the card is a nice touch, too.

As for copying the URLs from the browser, I'm inherently lazy. It would be really slick if the Lookup button could pull web shortcuts from the Home page or links from the browser's bookmarks the same way it pulls people info from Contacts. Maybe something for a future release? Or is it a limitation of the OS?

Otherwise, I stand corrected. Sorry if I came off like an azzhat before. Nice job!
    10-31-10 02:17 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD