Ok! Here is a quick overview of the situation. Trying to setup a calendar for which my wife and I can share our BB (9800) calendars, sounds pretty easy...right, well not really. Did research, got google account setup, got calendar to sync'd some what, but the biggest problem is that each time my blackberry sync's with Outlook 2007 and then sync's with google calendar it duplicates (compounds) the information already on the calendar.
    I would just like to have a system in place for my wifes BB calendar and my BB calendar can have the same information off one central calendar. For the information that I have looked into seems to be that its a problem with google duplicating information and thier is no filter to catch it. I'm I asking for to much or what?
    04-04-11 04:31 PM
    Try creating a bbm group. I think callendars can be shared that way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 04:41 PM
    Try creating a bbm group. I think callendars can be shared that way

Yeah doing it thru bbm groups would be the easiest way, it would probably sync between your devices faster too

04-04-11 05:14 PM
    You can actually do that with outlook on the same computer. If it is your computer you can set her phone up to just sync with calendar when you plug hers up to BB DM. I'm not sure how you would do it remotely with out compounding entries on one or both devices other than BBM group.

04-04-11 05:59 PM
    Are you syncing a Google calendar with 'Google Sync' or through BIS setup?
    The way I understand it, you wish to share one common Google calendar that you can both sync to/from your own separate BB's.
    04-04-11 06:06 PM
    Set up the BB Group! works like a champ! Thanks, SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-04-11 06:52 PM
    Your problem is that you are trying to sync from 2 sources, the Google cloud and Outlook. You need to just pick 1 and rely on that. I suggest Google because wireless sync is always backed up. Turn off calendar sync on your DM and you should be able to clean up the calendar without getting duplicates.
    04-05-11 12:43 AM
    I have been using gsync for a while. Its an ok solution. Only problem is, when I update my os with a leak, i get double, triple and quadruple of appointments. Its getting to be very annoying. With a bbm group, i would use that but the problem is that i have multiple groups on my phone. Ive seen appointments appear in the other groups. I wish there was a more concrete way of telling each group exactly what you want to share and on the calendar what group it is getting shared with. if you have any suggestions about setting up a group properly to just share messages/pictures and have another share everything, Id love to know.
    04-05-11 07:48 AM
    You could also setup Outlook to sync from Google Calendar and shut off syncing of the calendar in Desktop Manager. That's what I'm doing.

04-05-11 07:50 AM
    I have been using gsync for a while. Its an ok solution. Only problem is, when I update my os with a leak, i get double, triple and quadruple of appointments. Its getting to be very annoying. With a bbm group, i would use that but the problem is that i have multiple groups on my phone. Ive seen appointments appear in the other groups. I wish there was a more concrete way of telling each group exactly what you want to share and on the calendar what group it is getting shared with. if you have any suggestions about setting up a group properly to just share messages/pictures and have another share everything, Id love to know.
    If you have a BIS you do not need to use the gsync app on your Torch to sync Google Calendars, Contacts and Email.
    04-05-11 07:52 AM
    If you have a BIS you do not need to use the gsync app on your Torch to sync Google Calendars, Contacts and Email.
    So if i use the BIS Google calendar sync i wont have redundant appointment postings in my calendar?
    04-05-11 08:22 AM
    Thanks for all the information here.
    02-08-12 12:44 PM
    The easiest thing to do here is to set yourself up a Cozi calendar (Google Cozi) then you can both administer it on line or on the BB via their app.
    02-09-12 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD