I just bought a Blackberry Torch and I love it so far, although I think there is something wrong with my battery as it drains very quickly even when I hardly use it for the day.

Anyways my question is can I seperate the email and text message notification on the main screen? There is a little yellow envelope that pops up when I have an email or text, but it groups them together. I would like to have the screen display the messages seperate. So if I have 2 new texts and 3 new emails I would like to see that on the main screen as 2 sepearte envelopes or notifications.
    12-15-10 04:49 PM
    Separate the notifications for the messages icon.
    12-15-10 04:58 PM
    I just bought a Blackberry Torch and I love it so far, although I think there is something wrong with my battery as it drains very quickly even when I hardly use it for the day.

Anyways my question is can I seperate the email and text message notification on the main screen? There is a little yellow envelope that pops up when I have an email or text, but it groups them together. I would like to have the screen display the messages seperate. So if I have 2 new texts and 3 new emails I would like to see that on the main screen as 2 sepearte envelopes or notifications.
    Go into the Main message folder, and click on Options. Go into Inbox Settings, and unclick "SMS and MMS".
    12-15-10 05:37 PM
    Go into the Main message folder, and click on Options. Go into Inbox Settings, and unclick "SMS and MMS".
    There is no option to unclick SMS and MMS.
    12-15-10 05:59 PM
    So these are the icons I am talking about. Is there any way to have the icons seperate for email and text?
    12-15-10 06:19 PM
    Open the Mail folder (the icon on the home screen)

Then select the Blackberry key (the one next to the trackpad) and scroll down to OPTIONS.

Under OPTIONS there is a INBOX MANAGEMENT. Under Other Message Types, deselect Text Messages
    12-15-10 06:19 PM
    Open the Mail folder (the icon on the home screen)

Then select the Blackberry key (the one next to the trackpad) and scroll down to OPTIONS.

Under OPTIONS there is a INBOX MANAGEMENT. Under Other Message Types, deselect Text Messages
    That was it. Thank you so much, been messing with this thing all day trying to figure it out.

Thanks again.
    12-15-10 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD