Hi, can anyone help..I have always enjoyed sending photos to my sister who lives a long way away. It has always been so easy on my BB and they used to go in seconds..recently this isnt the case, I take a pic, choose to send it via email, write the mail etc press 'send' and 10 minutes later it still hasnt sent! It says uploading.......and if I hover over the message it tells me what pecentage has uploaded but its real slow....sometimes they fail too saying something like failed to upload to server..I have never had this before...any idea what is going on? (I use the BB Torch by the way) I would love it to work like it used to..It can literally take between 5 and 10 minutes to get the tick by the side of the email to confirm its gone and then.....it moves on to the next one, several photos can take absolutely ages! I would be really grateful for any suggestions...tried the only thing I know....a battery pull!
    01-03-11 12:54 PM
    Do you reduce the size of the photo before you send it?
    01-03-11 01:09 PM
    No, I opted to leave it at original size, but pretty sure this is what I have always done?......
    01-03-11 01:14 PM
    Try reducing the size to small. REmember your camera in the Torch produces higher resolution pictures than your former BB. Connectivity to 3g can affects transfer of data, so if for some reason you are trying to send email and the signal strength is not stable, it can slow down things down. That being said, it sounds like the size of the picture is the issue.
    01-03-11 01:22 PM
    Or Try to reset your torch.
    01-03-11 01:56 PM
    No, I opted to leave it at original size, but pretty sure this is what I have always done?......
    even if it is what u have been used to doing you have to consider when you used to do it you were using either a 1.3 or max 3 mp picture quality now you are sending with a 5mp picture quality so you are uploading a lot larger size image....tho 10 min does seem a little long you will experience longer upload times since the size is larger...you may want to shrink the image for faster responses.
    01-03-11 02:47 PM
    Your Torch has three image size options when taking photos...
    Large 2592 x 1944
    Medium 1024 x 768
    Small 640 x 480
    Unless your sister is going to do something other than view them on her phone or computer, don't use anything other than the small setting when taking photos for her.

Really, the other two settings are overkill for email and/or MMS.
    I only use the two higher quality settings when I plan to upload them via USB to my computer for printing or editing.

I don't know what your other device was... but I bet it's camera quality was closer to the small setting on your Torch.
    01-03-11 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD