My sister's 9800's LED sort of stopped working. She has Advanced OS installed and over a month ago it stopped working. At first we thought it was the app so she deleted, reinstalled, did a battery pull but it still won't work. The only color that works for some notifications is the colour, RED. I've also reinstalled her OS today but still doesn't work. I've turned on LED coverage, no blinking. She tried Advanced OS again but no colours work and the red LED blinks some times. Even with bluetooth, it doesn't blink blue. I've also tried checking if her clock is in bedside mode, it's not.

She hasn't set up anything yet and when she gets a BBM message, the LED blinks red. Anybody got any ideas what's going on?
    01-12-13 06:37 AM
    Not a clue, but does

I've also reinstalled her OS today...
    mean you wiped the device first? I no longer get sound notifications when sound level is set to Normal. Loud and Vibration work, but not Normal. I'm gonna wipe mine, then either try a hybrid or .749.
    01-16-13 03:34 PM
    Not a clue, but does

mean you wiped the device first? I no longer get sound notifications when sound level is set to Normal. Loud and Vibration work, but not Normal. I'm gonna wipe mine, then either try a hybrid or .749.
    Yes, I wiped the device then reinstalled the OS (this case, I installed a hybrid for her, she says boot time is faster and her battery lasts longer).

And we were able to solve the problem. It was the flex cable. After her LED gave out, her keyboard started malfunctioning and would have delayed response to whatever is typed. She'd have to slide it close, lock and reopen again. She brought it in and the tech said the keypad issue was definitely the flex cable but wasn't sure if it would fix her LED issue. After he replaced the flex cable it solved both issues for her. So just FYI, for anyone else who might encounter this same issue.
    01-20-13 07:25 PM