thats exactly my thinking too.

I'm really turned off otterbox now
    I wouldn't have a horrible outlook on OtterBox as a whole just because of one issue though. I don't mean to sound like a fanboy but the cases have protected my last 3 phones through some rough situations, and their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with. I'm sure if enough people report this issue to them they will fix it immediately; when iPhone 4 was having the antenna issues due to covering the certain part of the phone, their case dealt with that issue. My case is working just fine for my Torch so far, no scratches/scuffs and I've already dropped it and neither part of it has popped off. It actually takes some force to get it off when I need to clean the phone.

Actually regarding the AGF case, I tried 2 of them and returned both because they rubbed against the sides, making it really difficult to slide the phone open/closed. Other than that it seems like a very protective case as well.
    03-05-11 12:19 AM
    I wouldn't have a horrible outlook on OtterBox as a whole just because of one issue though. I don't mean to sound like a fanboy but the cases have protected my last 3 phones through some rough situations, and their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with. I'm sure if enough people report this issue to them they will fix it immediately; when iPhone 4 was having the antenna issues due to covering the certain part of the phone, their case dealt with that issue. My case is working just fine for my Torch so far, no scratches/scuffs and I've already dropped it and neither part of it has popped off. It actually takes some force to get it off when I need to clean the phone.

Actually regarding the AGF case, I tried 2 of them and returned both because they rubbed against the sides, making it really difficult to slide the phone open/closed. Other than that it seems like a very protective case as well.
    I agree to a point. Otterbox makes awesome phone cases...for everything but the Torch. If i had an iPhone, it would be in an Otterbox. If I had a non-slider Blackberry it would prob be in an Otterbox. But with first hand experience with both AGF and Otterbox on the Torch, AGF has put forth a superior product in this case.

I'm happy for you that your OB is working and hasn't let you down, but you seem to be an exception with this particular phone case.
    03-05-11 08:45 PM
    AGF GRT the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 08:58 PM

As I've said before, I love their commuter case for the 9700, it is awesome. Because of that case I decided to get the OB for my Torch, and now I'm regretting that decision alot and have a badly damaged Torch to prove it.

The replacement case they sent me now is also garbage. I noticed this morning, that the front piece is now very loose because the bottom clip is disintegrating.

I don't have a comment on their warranty support. They were very fast to send me a replacement for this case originally. This time they asked for pictures and a whole bunch of stuff, and i haven't heard back in a while. I'm disappointed in that to be honest.

I buy a case to protect my phones in case i accidentally drop them or they slip out of my hands. I don't mind spending $50 for such a case WHEN THEY WORK like my OB for my 9700. The one for the Torch just leaves me speechless. I actually went and bought the AGF and Seidio cases, and I will compare the three of them at some point in the future.
    Last edited by UN4GTBL; 03-05-11 at 10:54 PM.
    03-05-11 10:49 PM
    The Otterbox is terrible for the Torch. I bought mine on Black Friday, and I'm already on my third case (original and 2 replacements). Otterbox customer service is great, I'll give them that much. However, there's not much point in continuing to replace a case that continues to break in the same place (bezel, top clip). I just got a replacement in late February, and it's already broken again.
    03-08-11 08:17 PM
    There's always one in the bunch. I've stopped using my AGF GRT case because it's too bulky for my tastes. The protection was good, but I've had the case come apart during a fall more than once. I also found I dropped the phone more with the case on, which I suspect is because it's too large for my hands. I've only dropped it once unprotected and the phone was fine.
    03-08-11 08:30 PM
    The Otterbox is terrible for the Torch. I bought mine on Black Friday, and I'm already on my third case (original and 2 replacements). Otterbox customer service is great, I'll give them that much. However, there's not much point in continuing to replace a case that continues to break in the same place (bezel, top clip). I just got a replacement in late February, and it's already broken again.
    x2

although, the customer service has not replied to me since last week now. so i'm not so impressed.

did they want you to send in pics of the case?
    03-08-11 09:57 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD