this may be related to the youtube app issue further down the board, but I have been thinking of purchasing the HTC Incredible Theme and one of the posts in that thread eluded to having the Universal Search as the middle button.

so...i remember having this icon at one point. but when i went to look for it, I couldn't find it. I've tried "Show All" but no luck. I am wondering if this is an icon that i could have not installed when i upgraded to .246.

any way i can get it back? mahalo in advance.
    10-18-10 12:17 PM
    I want to know this also. I've been searching for it,(even used universal search to search for itself, to no avail)just can't seem to find it anywhere. Did I possibly uninstall the icon? I know its not hidden.
    I would like an icon just for those times when you don't want to slide up the keyboard and start typing, a lot of times now I find myself using the touchscreen and not the physical keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 12:41 PM
    I know if you have Quicklaunch..you can add the Search feature to that..and just launch it from the built in Quicklaunch hotspot with the HTC Theme. Other than that i'm not to sure how else you'd go about it..except to designate your convenience key to be your keyboard.
    10-18-10 01:21 PM
    Ok that works(remapping the convenience key for virtual keyboard). I would still like the search icon on my homescreen. I wiped(with jlcmdr), then reinstalled the OS without a backup, and normal search icon was next to the notification bar where it should be. Next i reactivated the HTC theme(or any other theme) and no search icon present.

I'm at a loss here to find this search icon.
    10-19-10 08:31 AM
    Ok that works(remapping the convenience key for virtual keyboard). I would still like the search icon on my homescreen. I wiped(with jlcmdr), then reinstalled the OS without a backup, and normal search icon was next to the notification bar where it should be. Next i reactivated the HTC theme(or any other theme) and no search icon present.

I'm at a loss here to find this search icon.
    thanks for the leg work, though it still didnt answer our question. i was sure i saw the magnifying glass....
    10-19-10 09:54 AM
    thanks for the leg work, though it still didnt answer our question. i was sure i saw the magnifying glass....
    Only time I saw a magnifying glass was on the stock theme, and it was on the notification tab where it always is. Only w hen switching to any other theme that does away with that tab do I lose the search icon.

EDIT:
    Yes I did a battery pull after changing themes. Also unhid any hidden folders or icons(seeing as it was a fresh OS load with no backup, none were hidden).

10-19-10 01:40 PM
    Only time I saw a magnifying glass was on the stock theme, and it was on the notification tab where it always is. Only w hen switching to any other theme that does away with that tab do I lose the search icon.

EDIT:
    Yes I did a battery pull after changing themes. Also unhid any hidden folders or icons(seeing as it was a fresh OS load with no backup, none were hidden).

I wish I could help you find the search icon but it is on mine with E's HTC theme and also on D Mac's Wallpaper Popup theme:

Hopefully someone will chime in and help you find it.
    10-19-10 02:26 PM
    My search icon is missing as well. I was hoping that reviving this thread may lead a new conclusions as to where the missing icon may be hiding.
    12-04-10 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD