For those who owned / tried iPhone 4, how is the torch screen responsiveness compared to ip4? From most video review i have seen, it shows there is some lag when dragging menu bar or when pinching photos or when browsing. But most of them are reviewed on august/sept where i believe the devices are still using preliminary software. How is it with the latest software update?

I am coming back to blackberry world soon and thinking of either Torch / 9780. My first priority is Torch only if the UI is responsive and non laggy..

As much as i love iphone 4 in terms of multimedia and apps, i missed BBM and bb os interface in which i can do things much faster

Thanks in advance for ur replies
    01-20-11 09:54 AM
    Sadly, iPhone wins here. Its smoother and more responsive. Not a big deal to me, but if that's your primary concern don't get a Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dopestar likes this.
    01-20-11 10:41 AM
    The torch is good - I find the screen very responsive, but I believe that the lag has more to do with the slow processor. The iPhone is still the king as far as responsiveness goes.
    Last edited by djdnz; 01-20-11 at 11:04 AM.
    01-20-11 10:56 AM
    Sadly, iPhone wins here. Its smoother and more responsive. Not a big deal to me, but if that's your primary concern don't get a Torch.

True, but only marginally so from what I've seen. Head-to-head with my wife's 3Gs, I see virtually no difference in response to touch screen gestures. I've played with the iP4, and it does seem a bit smoother, but I didn't think it was any more responsive. Definitely a bigger and clearer display, though.

01-20-11 10:58 AM
    Since my wife has the i4, I often compare them head to head. I tend to not realize my Torch's lag until I pick up her phone. The i4 really does have a beautiful and responsive screen. That said, I would select the Torch over it for my use. Interestingly, so would my wife if she could do it over again! Tradeoffs with any device.

01-20-11 01:21 PM
    ... But most of them are reviewed on august/sept where i believe the devices are still using preliminary software....
    This is a true and very important comment and you were wise to note it.
    Most videos, even to this day, only show the Torch running the first release (.141) or even a pre-released version of OS6.
    Today�s builds with versions .246 and .337 are hugely improved from what many early demonstrations reveal.
    I don�t think the Torch is quite as good as the iP4, yet, but it�s a very close 2nd.
    01-20-11 01:44 PM
    Yeah .337 is so much better than the stock .141 as far as touchscreen responsiveness. But I do agree with the others, the iP4 still is smoother than the 9800.
    01-20-11 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD