Hey all,

New to Blackberry so forgive me if there's an easy answer:

Love the Torch excpet for one thing, it needs automatic screen lock (without setting password). So I installed PatternLock Lite which is perfect as I set it to lock 1 sec after screen goes off.

However, I also planned to use the torch as a bedside clock/alarm. But when it enters bedside mode and the screen dims it invokes PatternLock and the clock is replaced with the PatternLock screen.

Anyone know a way to auto-lock the touchscreen without interfering with bedside mode?
    10-07-10 10:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure there's an option in PatternLock to disable while charging and/or in bedside mode - I have it uninstalled now so I can't find it for you but take a look...
    10-07-10 10:46 AM
    I'm pretty sure there's an option in PatternLock to disable while charging and/or in bedside mode - I have it uninstalled now so I can't find it for you but take a look...
    I think I might need to go with the paid version for that, it lets you disable it based on certain apps running (clock in this case). The free version only gives you:

-Autoock on device startup
    -Autolock when backlight turns off

Think the paid version may be the answer for me, the $3-4 is probably worth the convenience. Still, hate paying for something that should have shipped with the Blackberry OS.
    10-07-10 11:14 AM
    I think I might need to go with the paid version for that, it lets you disable it based on certain apps running (clock in this case). The free version only gives you:

-Autoock on device startup
    -Autolock when backlight turns off

Think the paid version may be the answer for me, the $3-4 is probably worth the convenience. Still, hate paying for something that should have shipped with the Blackberry OS.
    While I don't have the dock for my Torch, I do have PatternLock Lite and my Torch works without issue. Have you looked under the options for the Clock?
    10-07-10 10:55 PM
    While I don't have the dock for my Torch, I do have PatternLock Lite and my Torch works without issue. Have you looked under the options for the Clock?
    No such option in the clock, but I ended up paying the $3 for the paid version. You can tell it not to lock when on charge and some other nice stuff like making it work with the hardware lock button.

I guess another option would be a holster, but they're not for everyone (me included).
    10-08-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD