Screen doesn't turn, no suretype keyboard, help!
I've had a 9800 for about 4 months now, and I've enjoyed it. However, a friend also got a 9800, and I realize just how defunct mine was. My phone doesn't enter landscape mode when rotated, and doesn't show me the suretype keyboard. I thought the accelerometer/gyroscope/thingumajig that makes the screen turn was bad, but when watching a video(auto-landscape) the screen rotates when I flip it 180 degrees. I also went through the modules and I saw the module "net_rim_bb_virtual keyboard" so what's wrong? I saw some stuff about phone cases, but it has been happening before the case. I updated from .660 to .747, but no improvement.
P.S I didn't get the phone brand new, but I know the first owner, and he was REALLY careful when it was his.
So someone, please help!
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-06-2013, 05:29 PM #2
- 407 Posts
Re: Screen doesn't turn, no suretype keyboard, help!
Actually, while using six-tools by Shao, I noticed the phone does not recognize the slider closing, which is supposed to initiate the virtual keyboard. Could it be a problem with the flex cable? I think I'll just manage till I get a Z 10.
- CrackBerry Newbie
04-11-2013, 02:52 AM #8
- 2 Posts
- By Katherine1989 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM
- By Katherine1989 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 7Last Post: 12-28-2009, 12:55 AM
- By sodiumlake in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 10Last Post: 08-20-2008, 04:07 PM
- By BlackBerry.est08 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2007, 06:56 AM
- By drlawgr in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 2Last Post: 08-01-2007, 08:50 AM