Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Screen doesn't turn, no suretype keyboard, help!

I've had a 9800 for about 4 months now, and I've enjoyed it. However, a friend also got a 9800, and I realize just how defunct mine was. My phone doesn't enter landscape mode when rotated, and doesn't show me the suretype keyboard. I thought the accelerometer/gyroscope/thingumajig that makes the screen turn was bad, but when watching a video(auto-landscape) the screen rotates when I flip it 180 degrees. I also went through the modules and I saw the module "net_rim_bb_virtual keyboard" so what's wrong? I saw some stuff about phone cases, but it has been happening before the case. I updated from .660 to .747, but no improvement.
    P.S I didn't get the phone brand new, but I know the first owner, and he was REALLY careful when it was his.

So someone, please help!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen doesn't turn, no suretype keyboard, help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zikora View Post
    I've had a 9800 for about 4 months now, and I've enjoyed it. However, a friend also got a 9800, and I realize just how defunct mine was. My phone doesn't enter landscape mode when rotated, and doesn't show me the suretype keyboard. I thought the accelerometer/gyroscope/thingumajig that makes the screen turn was bad, but when watching a video(auto-landscape) the screen rotates when I flip it 180 degrees. I also went through the modules and I saw the module "net_rim_bb_virtual keyboard" so what's wrong? I saw some stuff about phone cases, but it has been happening before the case. I updated from .660 to .747, but no improvement.
    P.S I didn't get the phone brand new, but I know the first owner, and he was REALLY careful when it was his.

So someone, please help!
    downgrade to a earlier os version, when I used my torch 9800 .660 killed my camera and every upgrade after was same (cam not working) but it worked after a downgrade. switched phones so I never updated it again but might be worth a try to skip .660 and go to a newer OS6 version after you downgrade.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks! So .570, then all the way up to .749? How long will I need to be on .570?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen doesn't turn, no suretype keyboard, help!

If they fixed the bug then you can go for any newer version than 660. Make sure and wipe your phone before each upgrade for optimal results.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pcguy514 View Post
    downgrade to a earlier os version, when I used my torch 9800 .660 killed my camera and every upgrade after was same (cam not working) but it worked after a downgrade. switched phones so I never updated it again but might be worth a try to skip .660 and go to a newer OS6 version after you downgrade.
    Yes, I think downgrade to a earlier os version is OK
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

You might have to replace the keypad.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Actually, while using six-tools by Shao, I noticed the phone does not recognize the slider closing, which is supposed to initiate the virtual keyboard. Could it be a problem with the flex cable? I think I'll just manage till I get a Z 10.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pcguy514 View Post
    It is a mechanical issue. Turn the phone to landscape orientation with buttons right. Press the bezel of the phone near the green button. Try a few spots and the screen will rotate. The sensor is the cause and this is the workaround.