Screen doesn't turn, no suretype keyboard, help!
I've had a 9800 for about 4 months now, and I've enjoyed it. However, a friend also got a 9800, and I realize just how defunct mine was. My phone doesn't enter landscape mode when rotated, and doesn't show me the suretype keyboard. I thought the accelerometer/gyroscope/thingumajig that makes the screen turn was bad, but when watching a video(auto-landscape) the screen rotates when I flip it 180 degrees. I also went through the modules and I saw the module "net_rim_bb_virtual keyboard" so what's wrong? I saw some stuff about phone cases, but it has been happening before the case. I updated from .660 to .747, but no improvement.
P.S I didn't get the phone brand new, but I know the first owner, and he was REALLY careful when it was his.
So someone, please help!
- 02-06-2013, 04:29 PM #2
Re: Screen doesn't turn, no suretype keyboard, help!WTB : 1 Trollsbane.
- 02-11-2013, 09:00 PM #4
Re: Screen doesn't turn, no suretype keyboard, help!
If they fixed the bug then you can go for any newer version than 660. Make sure and wipe your phone before each upgrade for optimal results.WTB : 1 Trollsbane.
Actually, while using six-tools by Shao, I noticed the phone does not recognize the slider closing, which is supposed to initiate the virtual keyboard. Could it be a problem with the flex cable? I think I'll just manage till I get a Z 10.
- CrackBerry Newbie
04-11-2013, 01:52 AM #8
- 2 Posts
- By Katherine1989 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2010, 06:30 PM
- By Katherine1989 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 7Last Post: 12-27-2009, 11:55 PM
- By sodiumlake in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 10Last Post: 08-20-2008, 03:07 PM
- By BlackBerry.est08 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2007, 05:56 AM
- By drlawgr in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 2Last Post: 08-01-2007, 07:50 AM