it seems i have not read anything really good about that leak. is it better to stay with another leak?
    03-29-11 07:52 AM
    I don't see why. We have it on 3 units since Mar 10 and all are working great. We are all on BES/Exchange.

I think 'Papped' explained potential causes of 'problems' very well in this recent thread...http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/va...esults-599389/
    Last edited by pmccartney; 03-29-11 at 08:08 AM. Reason: added link
    03-29-11 08:04 AM
    I've been running it since it was released. Other then slightly worse battery life(and I mean its nearly not even worth mentioning its so negligible), it runs perfectly fine on my torch. Although as we all know by now not every OS runs exactly the same on every device.

Best advice, load it up for a few days, if you don't like it go back to a different one. It's not like its hard to load an OS anyways.
    03-29-11 08:05 AM
    it seems i have not read anything really good about that leak. is it better to stay with another leak?
    Not sure if you are only reading the negative comments but there are plenty of positive comments too.
    I've used .486 for a while and it's very good. Battery and memory is the same as .450, the picture lag is less than .450, and all else is good. It certainly is the best OS that I've used for the Torch.

(As mentioned before, you'll read negative comments on EVERY OS. Most of the time they are from a bad install or from someone unfamiliar with updating their OS.)
    03-29-11 08:32 AM
    ok, i will give it a try tonight!! Thanks gang
    03-29-11 08:52 AM
    Best os I have used so far

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 09:34 AM
    I hate upgrading my OS but .486 upgrade went very well with immediate benefits in battery life and processor speed. The only issue I've found is that last night in "bedside mode" the display didn't dim and my battery drained. Could be a problem in the OS or another app (I have "leave it on" installed).

I'd recommend the upgrade.
    03-29-11 09:51 AM
    It's been pretty good, looking forward to the next iteration though
    03-29-11 09:53 AM
    I hate upgrading my OS but .486 upgrade went very well with immediate benefits in battery life and processor speed. The only issue I've found is that last night in "bedside mode" the display didn't dim and my battery drained. Could be a problem in the OS or another app (I have "leave it on" installed).

I'd recommend the upgrade.
    Mine gets put on the charging pod, beside the bed, every night and I haven't had any problems with bedside mode dimming or the alarm clock.
    Try reloading the OS and don't reload any 3rd party apps until you test bedside mode.

FWIW, following an OS update I never reload 3rd party apps for 24-48 hours to see how everything runs. From that point on I only load what I deem as necessary/needed apps and then a few days later I will reload less necessary apps. I have never ran into any odd problems that were not common bugs experience by everyone.
    slalom likes this.
    03-29-11 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD