I'm not sure what that woman was talking about.

I called yesterday (and my 2 yr mark isn't until Nov. 27th) and asked if I could upgrade, the guy on the phone took like 30 seconds, looked at my profile and said that it was fine.

$249.99 + $35 admin fee + tax = $327.74 - $50 MIR = $277.74

The only stipulation was that he couldn't ship me the phone and I have to go to a store to get one.

Did you call them back yet Rikter?
    That's exactly the same date and answer I got. I'm just waiting patiently for UPS to show up sometime early this week, as they are actually shipping my phone to me
    10-02-10 09:47 AM
    Yep I called them back and renewed for 3yrs. Picked up my torch (mexico 5 build) @ best buy for the same deal you listed above, Machzy. I spoke with customer relations and they made it work for me.
    Thanks for the update Rikter. You gonna tell us all how much you love it? =P
    10-02-10 10:27 AM
    That's exactly the same date and answer I got. I'm just waiting patiently for UPS to show up sometime early this week, as they are actually shipping my phone to me
    Lucky you - they wouldn't let me order it over the phone. Some garbage about not being able to ship it - I know it's BS but whatevs.

I'll just wait until it's stocked in stores. I must've called at least 4 Rogers stores and 2 Futureshops around where I live and all of them were out. =/
    10-02-10 10:29 AM
    Lucky you - they wouldn't let me order it over the phone. Some garbage about not being able to ship it - I know it's BS but whatevs.

I'll just wait until it's stocked in stores. I must've called at least 4 Rogers stores and 2 Futureshops around where I live and all of them were out. =/
    I found yesterday that retentions were all over the map with details. They told me they have to ship to those who are not eligible for a HUP but get one anyways. I'd prefer to hit the store when it comes to picking one up, that way you can see if everything checks out ok.

-On my first call I was told there is no way possible to get a HUP as I am only 1.5 yrs into a 3 yr.

-On my second call I was told "I can make that happen for you" When we were discussing shipping vs picking up in store we were disconnected as luck would have it, I hollered out in the car 'NOOOOOOO!!!' there goes my chance lol

-On my third call I was told no at the start, but I was assertive and polite and consistant with what I was telling them and he finally folded. I really wanted to pick up in a store but was told shipping only. I was able to get a confirmation # from him so maybe I should try my luck with getting one from a store...

*** To anyone told no at the start, do not give up, call again and try.
    If you have to call 3 or 4 times, do it!
    Be polite, consistant, and assertive enough to get your point across.
    Just remember that they are on the phone all day, sometimes with very unhappy people complaining.***

I hope the above helps out anyone who thinks that they have no chance, don't give up!
    10-02-10 03:41 PM
    anyone else manage to get this thru HUP?
    10-08-10 01:26 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD