I just got off the phone with Rogers. I was trying to find out some info regarding their student plans for my brother. Before I hung up, I asked the rep if she knew when the Torch was coming to Rogers. She said "I don't think it's coming at all". I told her that'd be a dumb move since people can just buy AT&T phones, unlock them for $20 and voila...less money for Rogers. Afterwards, she referred to how Rogers does pass on certain phones, and eluded to the Storm 2 (I think).

She then went on to say how the reps aren't told about new phones or pricing until 3 days before they're released. BUT!!...the only exception was the iPhone 4 because, in her words, "...it's the iPhone...everybody wants one." Haha.

Screw Yuk Yuks... I staying in tonight and gonna keep calling Rogers for a good laugh.

From what I read on these forums, Rogers might be getting it on August 23rd. If that doesn't happen, then I expect a mid-September release along with the other carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 01:44 PM
    The rep most likely was correct. For many companies, the only employees other than management that know about new phones are the testers and network people. Tech support and customer service are the last to know. They generally find out when they have their device training which often tend to be right before the device launches.
    08-14-10 01:48 PM
    Rogers Reps are completely useless!!! Don't believe a word they say.

08-14-10 01:49 PM
    From RIM employee on launch day I was told end Sept for Rogers. He refused to give me an answer until the 12th....then he coughed up. Highly reliable.
    08-14-10 02:02 PM
    I saw a woman using a Torch in Toronto last week, before it was even officially out on AT&T.

She must have been testing it for one of the Big 3 (Telus, Bell, Rogers).

08-14-10 02:05 PM
    Don't buy that at all.
    08-14-10 02:20 PM
    If Rogers does not get it, people will die�

08-14-10 02:20 PM
    Rogers has already stated that they will be carrying the Torch. They posted this on redboard. Reps are the last ones to get info on release date as previously stated.
    08-14-10 02:27 PM
    If Rogers does not get it, people will die�

Starting with you I assume????
    08-14-10 02:36 PM
    check redboard, it says 9800 is coming in coming weeks.

Anyways, im not interested in 9800. im waiting for 9780.
    08-14-10 03:15 PM
    I saw a woman using a Torch in Toronto last week, before it was even officially out on AT&T.

She must have been testing it for one of the Big 3 (Telus, Bell, Rogers).

It's TORONTO. Waterloo is not that far away from toronto. Lots of RIM ppl come to toronto as well. 9800, 9780, any not released bb phones, you name it.
    08-14-10 03:17 PM
    08-14-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD