I have Torch 9800 on South Africa's Vodacom network. Just arrived in UK and could not get a network connection. Called Vodacom and they said they fixed it. Started getting emails, BBM's. Could also send. However cannot receive calls, make calls or text. Vodacom say they cannot fix the probem remotely because it has to be done on the phone, but the phone wont give me the option to. When I go to call forwarding or barring and ask it for the service status it says 'forwarding not available SIM not ready', and 'the operation failed'. Any advice on how I can fix this problem.
    05-22-11 06:19 AM
    Sounds like international roaming is only half enabled on your account. The BB data side is working, but not the voice parts. Do you see a valid UK network name shown on screen?

Go into Manage Connections and check Services Status. It might be worth forcing a switch to 2G (or 3G) protocol just to make the system read permissions again. If that doesn't work, go into Manage Connections, Mobile Network Options and chose Manual for network selection, then scan and try a few different networks. (You should have at least O2, Vodafone, Orange/T-Mobile in your choices).
    05-22-11 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD