Hi,
    I had my 9800 stolen yesterday , but luckily made a backup about 2 weeks ago.
    Is it possible to restore that backup to a new 9800 or 9810? What about to a different BB?(I am being loaned an old curve while I decide what I am going to do about replacing my phone).
    I'm a student so a BB10 is sadly out of my price range. I'd spend about $100 for a new (used) torch from kijiji or ebay.
    Thanks,
    *EQL*
    01-30-13 10:24 PM
    It's ok, not everyone can afford the new Z10 You can restore the backup to a new phone, check out this guide on restoring to a new BlackBerry. You can restore the Adress Book, calendar, SMS, and many other data in the backup, but you probably lost the data that was on the stolen phone's SIM, I'm afraid.

If restore fails for whatever reason and the backup cannot be used, you can still extract data from it using software like the BlackBerry Backup Extractor and then import it back to the phone. I'm with the BlackBerry Backup Extractor team, contact us if you have any issues. Hope this helps and good luck with finding a new BlackBerry phone!
    02-08-13 04:20 AM
    Probably the easiest way to restore contacts to your new BB from a backup is IntouchApp. Just follow these easy steps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...uchapp-793315/
    04-16-13 01:56 PM