Hello all,
    How do I reset the Torch to its factory settings?

I am ready to return the phone and go back to BB 9700. The Torch is great, but it's lagging too much and I have to pull the battery everytime I need to use GPS, otherwise, I won't get any GPS signal.

It's just my personal reference, I like the 9700 better.
    08-28-10 05:02 PM
    on the phone look for security wipe i believe under security in options. I recently returned my torch as well deciding to stay with the bold. Doing security wipe cleard everything back to factory specs.
    08-28-10 05:10 PM
    Wait. Bet ya I can fix the lag!

Did you use the DM Device Switch Wizard? Look at your installed apps under options > device > application management. Are the duplicate copies of facebook, twitter and BBM?

Lag is normail for the first 15 minutes after an OS change as you re-config all the apps but at most other times indicates a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 08-28-10 at 06:13 PM.
    08-28-10 06:10 PM
    Wait. Bet ya I can fix the lag!

Did you use the DM Device Switch Wizard? Look at your installed apps under options > device > application management. Are the duplicate copies of facebook, twitter and BBM?

Lag is normail for the first 15 minutes after an OS change as you re-config all the apps but at most other times indicates a problem.

No duplicate of at all.

in addition, the phone takes about 10 seconds to wake up from power saved mode. let say if my phone is locked or went into power save mode and I want to make a phone call, I need to unlock (this is normal) the phone and wait at least 10 seconds for anything on the screen to be active (this is not normal). I use GPS very often and I don't want to pull the battery and wait for the OS to boot up in order to use AT&T Navigator. yes, i have the most updated firmware.
    08-28-10 08:29 PM
    No duplicate of at all.

in addition, the phone takes about 10 seconds to wake up from power saved mode. let say if my phone is locked or went into power save mode and I want to make a phone call, I need to unlock (this is normal) the phone and wait at least 10 seconds for anything on the screen to be active (this is not normal). I use GPS very often and I don't want to pull the battery and wait for the OS to boot up in order to use AT&T Navigator. yes, i have the most updated firmware.
    I had the exact problem with the lag. I called customer support and they assured me it wasnt normal and that i needed to take it back. I took it back today and got a new one and so far havent had the 10sec lag problem.
    08-28-10 08:41 PM
    The lag is caused by something... 3rd party app incompatiable with OS6, it is scanning for media, downloading something in the background or something. To help anyone with is issue we will need just a tad more info than "my Torch has lag".

I have several 3rd party and native apps installed. What issues I have found of course have bug reports filed against them.

What OS are you running? I am on 161 and no running a leak does not in any way void the warranty.

Last edited by shansmi; 08-28-10 at 10:49 PM.
    08-28-10 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD