Hey guys

Well, my water damaged phone of about 3 weeks ago is finally starting to grind to a slowdown. I think I'm needing a new processor installed on my Torch. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement Torch? My warranty and insurance are invalid because of the water damage (unless I get it stolen but appaerently the rules are for it to be classed as stolen I have to be beaten to an absolute pulp, which doesn't appeal to me). So, is there any way I can buy myself a new processor chip for my Torch and get it up and running to speed again?
    04-29-11 08:58 AM
    In a nutshell..........No.....sorry.
    04-29-11 09:06 AM
    Send your bb to a repair shop and ask if they can help you. If yes do not forget to ask the price to do the work.
    04-29-11 10:57 AM
    I recommend just updating the OS..

Because I don't think the water damage would cause it to slow down.
    it would be all or nothing.
    flipkc likes this.
    04-29-11 11:02 AM
    Have you looked in the JVM Engineering Screens to see if there is a running process consuming all the CPU or RAM? IMHO that is a more likely possibility for the slowdown than a CPU malfunction.
    04-29-11 01:12 PM
    I recommend just updating the OS..

Because I don't think the water damage would cause it to slow down.
    it would be all or nothing.
    9800/6.0.0.526 is what I am running.

Send your bb to a repair shop and ask if they can help you. If yes do not forget to ask the price to do the work.
    Do you know of any in Leeds or the surrounding area (West/North/East Yorkshire)? If so, let me know and I'll find them, if not, could you try and find me one please?

Have you looked in the JVM Engineering Screens to see if there is a running process consuming all the CPU or RAM? IMHO that is a more likely possibility for the slowdown than a CPU malfunction.
    No, I haven't, and I have no idea how the heck I do that. I get the spinning clock of death a LOT though.
    04-29-11 02:02 PM
    9800/6.0.0.526 is what I am running.
    I doubt water can SLOW it down.
    It would kill it entirely.

I don't mean a OS install.
    I meant a FULL WIPE.
    which would be initiated by an OS install. haha
    04-29-11 09:10 PM
    Yup... water damage would kill the device entirely, not just make it run slow. Sounds like you need to wipe out the OS and reinstall. There is a .534 version available in the Leaked OS section of the forum.
    04-29-11 11:03 PM
    yea i agree, try an OS reload first to see if it helps.
    04-30-11 12:23 AM
    Do you know of any in Leeds or the surrounding area (West/North/East Yorkshire)? If so, let me know and I'll find them, if not, could you try and find me one please?
    Lazy much? People aren't going to do the leg work for you, and if they do there just as dumb.

Now for your original problem, Water will not "slow down" your phone. It will be fine, odd quirky things will happen(like the keyboard will stop working, physical buttons will stop working, and so on), or it will simply die. As others have suggested wipe and reload the OS.
    04-30-11 06:41 AM
    Right ok so now I've acted like a lazy ***** that should be perma-banned, let's get back to business. I know of one place in Pontefract in Leeds. I wanting to know if people in the area knew of any, but phrased it so badly it was worth punishment by death. However, I am tempted to try reloading the OS. It just doesn't seem right that the lag is general of the Torch. But I will try that latest leaked OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 12:21 PM
    when was the last time you even rebooted the phone? long uptimes can create bad lag in general. simply restarting the phone could solve your issue.
    04-30-11 07:17 PM
    I've poked my head in on these mobile chips it looks no where near a cheap job especially when even a minor screw up hoses the phone entirely

Reboot your torch. if that does not work reinstall your OS

Good luck
    04-30-11 08:11 PM
    when was the last time you even rebooted the phone? long uptimes can create bad lag in general. simply restarting the phone could solve your issue.
    It seems to even happen after a fresh reboot of the phone... Although I usually get about 2 hours after the initial lag before it comes back thick and nasty. Having to reboot my phone every 2 hours means I cannot get it to last the day. Which is fine when I am at Uni (I carry a laptop and a USB charger about), but it's a PITA if I go on an adventure at the weekend as I don't carry my charger with me. For the record, I go on adventures a LOT.

I'm gonna try the load a new OS recommendation.

P.S. you know it's bad when .246 seems more effective than .52# (can't remember the exact number)
    05-01-11 03:32 AM
    try reloading to the newest and see if it fixes it. if you still have the issue, we will go from there.
    05-01-11 04:03 AM
    Even if you could replace the processor, water damage would be affecting more than that that one component anyway.
    05-01-11 07:17 AM
    Well, it looks like an OS update did the trick... Now I got this mysterious flashing LED...
    05-01-11 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD