Hey, I have a 9800 and the power button stopped working. I was going to leave it alone until BB10 came out but they were delayed. It really isn't that big of a deal, unless I have to leave a voice mail for someone, in which case it would go something like "hey, it's me, call me back. Now, hold on a second while I take the battery out of my phone to end this message..." See what i mean.

Does anyone know it's easy to have the power switch replaced, and if so, roughly how much it would cost?

Thanks
    08-30-12 04:59 PM
    how did you managed to damage it?
    08-30-12 05:34 PM
    Well the part is �3 off ebay. For me it was easy. U will need a T6 screwdriver to remove all the parts then a T3 to remove the screen part from the motherboard, then u will need to pull off the front keys (u will need to buy a new one, not very sticky afterwards), and remove the plastic cover hiding the trackpad connection and the membrane connection, then u pull of the membrane, stick on the new one close the tray, connect it all and check if it works then stick on the new front keys. There is a video of how to disammble it but there screen guides but it'll take u to the right step
    08-30-12 06:31 PM
    i just got this phone today....n i love it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    08-30-12 07:14 PM
    It just stopped working. I have had it for 2 years, and it just stopped working.
    08-30-12 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD