Does anyone know how to remove text messages from showing up on the notification bar?

I've removed my emails and bbm messages from showin up but can't figure out how to do it for texts.
    11-21-10 11:08 PM
    Hello there
    Go to you tetx messages and hit Menu Button>Option>Unmarck "Show MMS/SMS Mode Notification.
    joeboxer13 likes this.
    11-21-10 11:16 PM
    Thanks. I'll give that a try.
    11-22-10 12:31 AM
    Hmmm....that didn't seem to do the trick. I unchecked the box,but it still appears in my notification bar with a preview above the calendar.
    11-22-10 08:05 PM
    Do you have unread text messages?
    Did you reboot or pull the battery after unchecking 'Show MMS/SMS Mode Notifications:'?
    11-22-10 08:41 PM
    May I ask please how did you remove the calendar and the phone notifications from the notification bar ? coz it seems i dont know how to remove them
    11-23-10 05:40 AM
    unread txts show up w/name only of the person who sent. i also did a reboot and still shows up.

I wish bb had an option where it showed all the functions of the navigation bar and it allowed users to check and uncheck from there. too many areas to customize notification bar.

Also, don't think it's possible to remove the calendar or phone notifications like missed calls. unless someone else knows.
    11-26-10 02:49 AM
    Notification bar cannot be modified to show and not show specific things

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 03:36 AM
    Why would anyone want to remove notifications from the bar? That's its only function and works quite well.
    11-26-10 05:54 AM
    I receive span texts which I delete without reading. I've found a battery pull to be the only remedy to remove the message from the notifier bar.
    12-01-10 05:07 PM
    Reason why I would love to remove notification bar, or hide it. For example, I have a bbm lock on my phone, but when I get a message and you read it from the notification bar, it bypasses the lock that is on bbm.

Why does this happen, and what can be done to prevent it/
    03-26-13 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD