Just like the title says I want to get rid of the att logo on the front of the torch I hate how atnt feels the need to slap their logo on every phone they sell. Any ideas on how to take it off with out damaging anything?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 03:25 AM
    This is going to sound insane but I swear I saw it with my own eyes.
    There's a video on youtube ( I have searched in vain to find it but have had no luck finding it!) of a guy taking the logo off a torch with just a penny- and not leaving a scratch on the chrome!

I was hoping to try it but my phone came unbranded. There's also videos on removing them with sugar or newspaper and a sugar cube but I don't know if I trust those methods. Many of them seem to be done on flip phones with matte plastic underneath.

HTH

EDIT- I found the video!!

(Ironically, he's removing the at&t logo!)
    Last edited by Traycee; 03-14-11 at 04:45 AM.
    03-14-11 04:29 AM
    By far the easiest way to do this will be to change the part of the case that carries the offending logo.

A quick search on YouTube will reveal just how to do this. 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry, BenQ-Siemens - Cellular sells just about any case (or part of) you might need. EBay too has lots.

The downside of changing the case is that you may invalidate your warranty when you break the paper seal over one of the case screws.

The upside is that when you come to sell the phone, you can put the original case back on and the phone will look like new.

I have seen people who have scraped the logo off the case and then polished out the damage. I did this once and it was a nerve warcking experience.
    03-14-11 04:40 AM
    Not true. By far, the easiest way to do this is to scratch off the AT&T logo with a penny. Takes about 30 seconds, maybe as much as a minute of your life to do this. It took me about 15 seconds to determine the ideal angle and pressure to swipe the penny effectively to begin chipping off the logo. Don't worry, you won't cause any scratches at all. There's a thread about that YouTube video somewhere on this forum. Check that out if you want more peace of mind.
    Last edited by gnosis8; 03-14-11 at 08:56 AM.
    03-14-11 08:34 AM
    A cent did the job for me. Didn't leave any scratches on the phone.

03-14-11 08:48 AM
    Used a pennie this morning and worked like a charm no scratching to the phone and the logo is completely removed

03-14-11 10:38 AM
    I am really glad that it worked so easily.

I guess that AT&T must use really cheap paint. I did this on a UK phone from Vodafone and the paint had reacted with the plastic and I actually had to dig some of it out.
    03-14-11 10:49 AM
    how about if you use paint thiner, would that work?
    03-14-11 10:54 AM
    Thinner might work, but it also has a a good chance of warping the plastic bezel.

03-14-11 11:09 AM
    or you could use a case, which hides it...
    03-14-11 12:01 PM
    Or, just follow in the footsteps of so many other and use a penny.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/su...t-logo-528200/
    03-14-11 01:17 PM
    Or if you don't feel comfortable removing it yourself...just buy a bezel...the bezel piece that the AT&T logo is on is SUPER easy to replace
    03-14-11 01:28 PM
    I am really glad that it worked so easily.

I guess that AT&T must use really cheap paint. I did this on a UK phone from Vodafone and the paint had reacted with the plastic and I actually had to dig some of it out.
    I think Telus uses a much higher quality paint as well. A penny scratched the bejeebus out of my phone casing. Does not say much for ATT does it.
    03-14-11 02:13 PM
    I vote the penny! That's what I did just a few days ago & it came off beautifully without a scratch. Literally takes seconds.
    03-14-11 02:42 PM
    Take that att!

03-14-11 02:44 PM
    There was another thread on this and a video too. Use a penny. Worked great and super easy!
    03-14-11 06:54 PM
    Haha had trouble finding the logo at first. As one person suggested, I have a case and it happened to cover the logo. I would go with a case, protect the phone and cover the logo

03-14-11 07:51 PM
    I think O2 also use that really cheap paint.
    03-14-11 10:07 PM
    I like my phone naked! Cases to me on any phone are just to thick unless its like a 2.3 cm one that I barely notice otherwise its just annoying ot me

03-15-11 12:17 AM
    I did the penny trick to my phone months ago. I also did it for three of my friends' Torches.
    03-15-11 11:18 AM
    This penny jawn is so awesome!! :P I Hate AT&T on my beautiful torch
    03-15-11 01:50 PM
    Tried the penny trick a several weeks ago and it worked great!

03-15-11 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD