Can anyone tell me how to reload the OS for the Torch 9800? I'm having so many issues with this phone, screen freezes, uncaught exception error messages, delayed responses, etc.
    I'm so fed up with this device that if this doesn't work, I'm ready to make the jump to droid or iPhone. This is my 4th BB and they've all had this same bug. I don't even use any downloaded apps that could be blamed for this. Anyone have any other advice??

thanks
    Last edited by robertkopf; 11-23-11 at 02:06 PM.
    11-23-11 02:00 PM
    11-23-11 02:07 PM
    Apploader?? Is it included in the Desktop Manager of torch cause I cant find it in the program files. so I cant delete the vendor file?
    11-26-11 03:49 AM
    Have you already downloaded and installed an OS to your PC?
    11-26-11 04:21 AM
    Let's back up and give the man what he's looking for. A little shameless plug: I think this is the article that you're looking for. BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS

If that doesn't help, you might want to try one of these.

Finallly, there's so much confusion over the vendor.xml file. If you're installing the official OS from your wireless carrier, don't even worry about it. If you're not, the easiest way to find the file is to search for "vendor.xml" on your computer. Assuming you're running windows, the .xml file will be in Program files/Common/Research In Motion\AppLoader
    11-26-11 10:28 PM
    the apploader screen comes up with no apps at all.
    cannot upload .alx file from backup can anyone help?
    10-23-13 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD