Hi guys
    So basically yesterday i fully charged my phone and just before going out, my screen was black and had a red light.... Its still doing it, the red light comes on for around 6 seconds and then goes off whilst the screen remains black. My blackberry desktop software does not connect to my device, and i really have no clue how to solve it. Anyone got any ideas please?
    01-21-12 11:51 AM
    Hi guys
    So basically yesterday i fully charged my phone and just before going out, my screen was black and had a red light.... Its still doing it, the red light comes on for around 6 seconds and then goes off whilst the screen remains black. My blackberry desktop software does not connect to my device, and i really have no clue how to solve it. Anyone got any ideas please?
    Try pulling the battery, put it back and let the device start normally. If that fails repeat battery pull, but this time hold down the Back/Escape key for 10-30 seconds while it loads. Should that also fail, read on to try and reload the device software.

If you've never had to do that, check here:
    How to Backup/Restore All Data, Apps & Upgrade OS - ALL DEVICES with PICS!!
    01-21-12 01:05 PM
    Try pulling the battery, put it back and let the device start normally. If that fails repeat battery pull, but this time hold down the Back/Escape key for 10-30 seconds while it loads. Should that also fail, read on to try and reload the device software.

If you've never had to do that, check here:
    How to Backup/Restore All Data, Apps & Upgrade OS - ALL DEVICES with PICS!!
    my computer isnt connecting to my blackberry so i cant do the software, also the screen just stays blackm it doesnt actually show the reboot screen, just a red light.
    01-21-12 01:07 PM
    my computer isnt connecting to my blackberry so i cant do the software, also the screen just stays blackm it doesnt actually show the reboot screen, just a red light.
    Those links have instructions for getting your PC and BB to connect. But if you've pulled the battery and nothing happens when you put it back in, you may have a brick.

Try removing the battery and plugging the device into your PC to see if it will at least show the battery removed screen.
    01-21-12 01:13 PM
    Guys I've been looking for a solution to this problem this is not a Nuked BB is a blackberry going in a nuked rampage.

1.- I tried the AppLoader option and it recognizes my PIN after sends me to the password screen and then to the OS,
    2.- I select the options i want to install and click next then The process starts (i should say my bb is completely OFF like the guy from above, BLACK SCREEN AND NOT EVEN A RED LIGHT [sometimes there is a red light])
    3.- after, the next window says Waiting for device initialization well i see the red light coming out again but no screen still..the AppLoader tries and tries but the device never starts untill i get http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...id/NukedBB.png i think this is the 20th time I try to reload.

I dunno if a battery issue might be the problem cuz the reason why my blackberry is nuked is due to a battery software i had and went wrong lol PLS any ideas (other from throwing my bb against the wall)

I used, DM, CrackMem(which opens the AppLoader to wipe the device), and the AppLoader by itself.
    01-22-12 03:22 PM
    Did you find a fix to your problem? My bb is doing the same thing, and I can't find a solution.
    04-06-12 11:38 PM
    Hi everyone, I had this issue yesterday (with no other concurrent issues).

I had been having issues with charging on an old charger. My battery would charge very slowly, and also show the fully-charged icon even when not fully charged. I left it plugged in overnight, and woke up to a dead phone. I tried plugging it directly into various different wall outlets (vs. via an extension chord), but using the same charger. No luck.

I then used the most recent cable provided with my Torch (I had been using it at work with no issues), and let the phone charge for about an hour. Then, WHILE STILL PLUGGED IN, I did a battery pull. And Voila, the phone booted and had an almost full charge.

My guess is that the phone kind of "freaks out" when connected to a bad charging source. The charger I was using was one I've had since my old Curve, it was via an extension chord, and an adaptor to change the charger from a regular-USB to micro-USB charging port. This set up didn't make my Torch very happy.

So, my recommendation is double check your charging source - 1. that it's connected directly to a wall outlet 2. that it is the most recent charger and cable provided for your phone. 3. Do not charge via your computer. Then, do a battery pull while the phone is still plugged in to the charger. If it works, you should see the red light come on as soon as you reinsert the battery. Press the on button if it doesn't automatically boot. Worked for me... Lesson learned, don't ignore an iffy or inconsistent (ie. computer or laptop going to sleep while your phone is charging) charging source.

Hope that works for you guys, too!
    Torch 9800 / 6.0 Bundle 1907 (v.6.0.0.448, Platform 6.4.0.210)
    Last edited by LennaK; 04-07-12 at 01:45 PM.
    04-07-12 01:43 PM
    hi my bb went dead 2 days ago and i put it charing but it wont come on but the red light comes on ...can someone tell me whats wrong
    02-20-13 12:13 PM
    Replace BB as its old and not reliable!!!!!!
    05-02-13 09:59 PM
    @Mattya pls my phone is having d same problem as yours, pls have found any solution.�Ŧ yes, i wil nid ur help so dat i can work on my own wit d same method, u can reach me via my mail or through dis thread. [email protected] thanks in advance
    08-23-13 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD