Hi guys, I'm awaiting a refund currently on a dodgy BlackBerry Bold that was supposed to be in full working order, and when I get my refund (provided eBay don't side with the seller) I would like to buy a BlackBerry Torch. I've already decided no to the white one, but I'm undecided between Black and Red.

I'm a male, who's going to have black hair, with a blue streak at the front, red streaks at the sides. I'm thinking I can make a bolder impression to the ladies with the red Torch, but I don't know. Any suggestions? And please give reasoning for your choice of colour.
    03-03-11 04:45 PM
    It's you're choice, which do you think you would like? It is your phone and we don't know who you are and what you look like with that little description. IMHO, I like black a lot better then the red one. But that's just my preference. Black goes with everything I wear, well black just goes with everything.
    03-03-11 04:55 PM
    I chose white just because a white phone is so uncommon to come by, so it actually sparks alot of conversation for me

As for the other colors, we can't really help you...it's gonna have to be ultimately your choice
    03-03-11 05:03 PM
    I have the black and have now seen a white one (bought mine prior to the white being available) and I think the white looks good!
    03-03-11 07:18 PM
    As a woman, I can tell you that the color of your phone isn't going to impress me (well, maybe unless it was purple). What do you prefer? Ultimately, what color are you not going to get sick of faster?
    anon(49433) likes this.
    03-03-11 07:24 PM
    I think the red one is the right one for you - kinda edgy!
    03-03-11 07:38 PM
    I have to agree with Smakberry on this one. I've never judged a man on the colour of his phone.

Ultimately, it does come down to which colour you like best, as you have to live with it.

My torch is black, largely because it's the only colour my carrier offered. Having seen photos of the other colours, though, I think I still would have gone with the black if I'd had the choice. I personally think it looks nicest.
    03-03-11 07:39 PM
    As a woman, I can tell you that the color of your phone isn't going to impress me (well, maybe unless it was purple). What do you prefer? Ultimately, what color are you not going to get sick of faster?
    Well since you look at it that way, it shifts more into Black's favour due to practicalities.

I think the red one is the right one for you - kinda edgy!
    Edgy, is how I roll. I'm so edgy I'm always nearly getting myself beaten up for being too edgy. Oops!

-----------------

So, still doesn't solve matters, but it does give me a more informed decision. I won't want a white one though, my friend is getting one and she is desperate for me not to get one, plus a white phone doesn't interest me anyway.
    03-03-11 07:49 PM
    I guess it depends on what kind of red you like. When I saw the red one, I disliked how it was an "orange-y red" and I found (IMO) it looked kinda "garish". I like more of a cherry or royal red. I got the white one because I really liked the uniqueness of having a white smartphone plus I saw a skin that I thought would look just awesome with a white phone :P

I have to admit, the one thing that I didn't ( and still don't) like about the white and red is the fact that the back door doesn't have the same rubberized grip as the charcoal one. I find it quite hard to grip well when I have to do a battery pull and I get anxious about dropping it when I'm typing with it closed and vertical.

Aside from that, go with what you want but if it was me, being the lover of hair color that I know ~I~ am, I'd be worried a red phone with black, blue and red hair might start to get a little..distracting and clownish. The earphones and everything for the red are the same color as the ones for the charcoal, so why not just skin the charcoal one when you're feeling extra edgy?

Sorry for the novel and hope I didn't come of as (too) arrogant!
    HTH
    Last edited by Traycee; 03-03-11 at 08:08 PM.
    Lyls likes this.
    03-03-11 08:05 PM
    I have to admit, the one thing that I didn't ( and still don't) like about the white and red is the fact that the back door doesn't have the same rubberized grip as the charcoal one. I find it quite hard to grip well when I have to do a battery pull and I get anxious about dropping it when I'm typing with it closed and vertical.
    HTH
    I have the same worries and problem with trying to get that stupid back cover off! That's the only thing that annoys me about the phone though. Other than that everything has been fine with it, and I bought an OtterBox case for it that gives my white Torch kind of a "tuxedo" look to it, it's pretty neat; it might be bulky but protects the heck out of the phone!
    03-03-11 09:00 PM
    I guess it depends on what kind of red you like. When I saw the red one, I disliked how it was an "orange-y red" and I found (IMO) it looked kinda "garish". I like more of a cherry or royal red. I got the white one because I really liked the uniqueness of having a white smartphone plus I saw a skin that I thought would look just awesome with a white phone :P

Aside from that, go with what you want but if it was me, being the lover of hair color that I know ~I~ am, I'd be worried a red phone with black, blue and red hair might start to get a little..distracting and clownish. The earphones and everything for the red are the same color as the ones for the charcoal, so why not just skin the charcoal one when you're feeling extra edgy?
    Having just Google searched (no, not off an Android) the BB Torch in red, I've seen it, and it's a horrendous red... I think I'm gonna get the charcoal one...
    03-04-11 01:33 AM
    I think white one is the best to choose..
    03-04-11 04:58 AM
    I think white one is the best to choose..
    I don't want the white one, but this thread is now a moot thread and a waste of server space since I managed to answer my own question by doing a simple Google search!
    03-04-11 05:05 AM
    go for black its a crappy red as you say white is cool on the bolds
    but it doesnt look good on torch ??
    black it is !!!
    03-04-11 05:30 AM
    I wouldn't say the White Bold looks that brilliant either. On the Bold, I would say black suits best. Now, a hot pink Curve 9300...

(9300, not 9330 as I originally said given that I am in a GSM-only country so a 9330 would be useless)
    03-04-11 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD