After my phone shuts down to reboot when it comes back up I get the BlackBerry logo a quick white screen and then an image of a battery with a red X on it. The progress bar never makes it all the way across the screen and this battery with the red X just sits there. How do I bring the phone back to life? I have done numerous battery pulls and "alt +shift+del".

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 07:36 PM
    Need more details. What did you do to make it like this? Apps you installed prior to this? Anything you may have deleted? Updated OS? Anything else I may have missed. Sounds like you need to reinstall the OS though.
    02-24-11 08:06 PM
    It also seems that something is either wrong with your battery(possibly a short) or something is causing your phone to intermittently not recognize the battery.

Either way in the past when thi happened to me on previous models I couldn't find a fix and had to get a warranty replacement
    02-24-11 08:08 PM
    Thanks. The phone asked to be rebooted after an application was upgraded. At this point I don't remember which app. Dang it! I already have a replacement in route. Thanks a lot!

02-24-11 08:17 PM
    How would I reinstall the OS? DM indicated device not connected.

02-24-11 09:30 PM
    Try installing the newset OS Bro

a) Download OS 6.0.0.450

b) Install the OS 6.0.0.450.exe on your PC (I recommend you uninstall previous versions)

c) Backup your BlackBerry settings and emails and files using BDM

d) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the Vendor.xml file

e) Shrink your OS.exe with Shrink-a-OS. This makes it very lean and snappy

f) Run Loader.exe. or use BBSAK to install new OS
    02-24-11 09:39 PM
    Thank you for your suggestion! I wish I could try this...DBM doesn't recognize the device as being connected b/c of the battery. Hopefully the replacement will be delivered today.

02-25-11 06:52 AM
    did you try to charge your battery using the wall adapter? I had a drained battery in one bb phone that we have at work and it wasn't able to charge it using a usb port.

If the battery is dead (or drained to 0%), it will show that icon (battery with an X on it) and will not boot.
    02-25-11 07:01 AM
    AcDien, thank you. I just paced it n the wall charger. I didn't think about that b/c before it asked to reboot I had a FULL charge, atleast the battery indicator showed a fully charged battery. I did take a battery from another Torch that was on and fully charged placed it in mine and got the same thing. NOTHING. At this point I am trying your suggestion. I would really like to wipe this device before I send it back.

02-25-11 07:41 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a fully functioning Torch,knock on wood. (It's the replacement)

02-25-11 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD