I have a 9800 torch, Its around 4months old. Refurbished from carphone warehouse, phone was great for about 3 weeks then it started scrolling up on its own and to the left, I have changed the sensitivity to 20/20 but it still does it, also when typing regards if its an email, bbm or a text my bb will automatically replace the letter I wanted and place a random symbol ie sometimes when pressing the R key I will get the copyright symbol. I have tried updating the software and down grading but nothing has worked.
    It is really starting to annoy me now!! I have noticed that sometimes a certain light can make it more temperamental

9800 Torch
    Version 6.0 Bundle 2647
    04-02-12 04:24 PM
    What you describe could be symptoms of water damage. Is it possible something spilled on your phone? If the symptoms just started, and water damage is the cause, you might be able to solve the problem by removing the battery and sealing your phone in a bowl or bag of dry rice for a few days. If it is water damage, and the problem has been going on for a while, the damage is probably irreversible.
    04-04-12 11:16 AM
    Sounds like the trackpad needs to be removed and put in again or you may need a new trackpad
    04-06-12 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD