Hey all,

I have a BB Torch that I got c. 23rd December. Been loving it until recently, the friggin thing keeps freezing and lagging for no reason. Performed soft and hard reset, still happened, then it said there was a problem with my memory card and needed to repair it, which failed. So I have taken out the memory card and it seems to work fine, go figure? I read that the memory card can cause trouble and someone formatted their memory card and it worked. I just wanted some input from the crackberry team if possible on the cause? I bought it brand new from Amazon.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    Darren
    01-13-11 07:15 AM
    That card may just be faulty, but some cards just don't like some devices. Try another memory card if possible (see if a friend has one you can use temporarily), get the one you have replaced under warranty if it still has time left, or buy a new card from a different manufacturer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 08:32 AM
    Get a good quality memory card, like a san disk. Sometimes people have had problems with low end memory cards. If you do have a good quality one, and If you have lag problems, then reformat the memory card from your phone.
    01-13-11 12:52 PM
    Try using the "Repair" option on both the card and the built in memory if you feel formatting is too extreme at this point but it may be needed at some point...
    01-13-11 02:27 PM
    How can you format your media card at the BB?

Thanks!
    01-14-11 09:57 AM
    How can you format your media card at the BB?

Thanks!
    options> device> storage> menukey> format> media card
    01-14-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD