not sure if I'm putting this in the right location, but I conducted a search and was unable to find my particular issue. I opened a random text message the other day and now my phone is sending emails to everyone in my address book. I can't figure out how to stop this from happening. any help will be greatly appreciated. I never had this issue until I opened the text. now I keep getting random texts and after each random text, it sends out emails. I have no way to block the random text because each one that comes in is seemingly from a different unknown person. Help Please..
    04-03-11 04:19 AM
    not sure if I'm putting this in the right location, but I conducted a search and was unable to find my particular issue. I opened a random text message the other day and now my phone is sending emails to everyone in my address book. I can't figure out how to stop this from happening. any help will be greatly appreciated. I never had this issue until I opened the text. now I keep getting random texts and after each random text, it sends out emails. I have no way to block the random text because each one that comes in is seemingly from a different unknown person. Help Please..
    Try this... Open the SMS app. Go to Options, scroll down to the very bottom. Under message filtering, check "Reject Anonymous Messages" and "Reject Advertisements". See if that helps and report back - either way. ~ecm
    04-03-11 08:53 AM
    Try this... Open the SMS app. Go to Options, scroll down to the very bottom. Under message filtering, check "Reject Anonymous Messages" and "Reject Advertisements". See if that helps and report back - either way. ~ecm
    these were already checked. I blocked text messages from everyone except people who are in my address book, and the random emails stopped for about 4 days. then all of a sudden today, the random emails started happening again. not sure what's happening.
    04-08-11 04:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD