I've got the Blackberry Torch, and i was wondering if there's a quicker to be able to compose a text message, as at the moment its having to go into contacts select which person i want to send a text to and then you got all the options coming up IE:send a text, send a email or phone, thers got to be a quicker way to to do this.
    thanks in advance
    05-23-11 05:34 AM
    Go into your text messages, click on top banner, select compose, type the name into the bar, select name, and type message
    animallover20 likes this.
    05-23-11 05:39 AM
    Go into your text messages, click on top banner, select compose, type the name into the bar, select name, and type message
    oh thanks for that lol.. never knew about tapping the top banner, still getting use to the phone lol...
    05-23-11 05:44 AM
    hehe no problem! hope everything goes well for ya
    05-23-11 05:44 AM
    Press the green call button, go to contact list(I find this easier, and faster then using the actual contact app), scroll to the contact, press and hold on the contact name until the menu pops up, choose text message.
    05-23-11 05:47 AM
    oh thanks for that lol.. never knew about tapping the top banner, still getting use to the phone lol...
    No need to tap the top banner, there's a compose button right at the bottom (very left one) of the text messaging screen.
    05-23-11 12:37 PM
    Oh thanks, yeah just seen that, crikey don't i feel silly, i've been going the long way round... lol...
    05-23-11 12:41 PM
    I just leave the previous conversation on my phone and pick up from where I left off, no matter if it's later today or two days from now. I have conversations going back to at least a month or so ago. My current conversation with my wife goes back to 4/15/2011 which is the last time I erased it. I never have to find her in the book. Very convenient. I have all contacts I use most in the same situation.
    I do this also, and quite a bit for my most active contacts.

I just assumed(you know what happens when you as*(out of)u(and)me) the OP meant a new message.
    05-23-11 07:33 PM
    that is the way i've been doing it to the ones i text more, by previous conversation, but if its a new contact i've been going the long way round to start a new one lol..
    05-24-11 09:25 AM
    I don't delete anything... why bother? The 512 MB memory on the torch is more than sufficient to handle all the text messages... unlike the measly 128 MB on the Bold 9000... man, what was RIM thinking (or not)...
    05-26-11 07:11 AM
    Or if you have Quicklaunch app, you can devote a button on your keyboard or the convenience keys on your phone to be a text message (or any apps) launcher.
    05-26-11 09:50 PM
    I've got the Blackberry Torch, and i was wondering if there's a quicker to be able to compose a text message, as at the moment its having to go into contacts select which person i want to send a text to and then you got all the options coming up IE:send a text, send a email or phone, thers got to be a quicker way to to do this.
    thanks in advance
    The fastest way I have found to do it is to use universal search. Just start typing the name of the person you would like to text and once you see their name press and hold so the menu pops up, then just choose the option to text that person. Obviously this will only work if you don't have app shortcuts turned on, you would have to actually click on the search function at that point.
    05-27-11 06:28 AM
    I do it in 3. A new text message is 1 click to open phone(contacts is brought up by default), scroll to the contact, second click is to press and hold on the screen to bring up the menu, third click is choose text message.

For those I already have a conversation with, one click on the text message icon, second click to choose the conversation I want to type in.

Only 2 ways I've ever done it. 2 or 3 clicks is all it should take.
    05-27-11 06:35 AM
    I just click the text message app, hit the letter C and start typing the person's name in the To box.
    05-27-11 06:50 AM
    Oh thanks, yeah just seen that, crikey don't i feel silly, i've been going the long way round... lol...
    Don't worry, I didn't know that either! It's SO good to know there's other people like me
    05-30-11 11:42 AM
    Launching the SMS app isn't the subject at hand, digging through the address book for a contact without a hassle was the initial concern, I think.
    Yup you're right :-) What I meant was once youre on the text messaging app, then you just type the first few letters of your preferred contact on the recepient box. Its only a matter of how quick you can get into the texting app, I guess.
    06-23-11 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD