I have a blackberry torch 9800 hopefully on its way to me in a few days. I ordered a lower priced third party battery that comes with some activation device. If you activate it, is it a one time thing and its permanently activated? By that, I mean if I activate it can I swap batteries as much as I want OR will I need to activate when ever I want to put that battery back in my blackberry?

Thanks.
    03-29-12 08:24 AM
    surely someone knows?
    03-30-12 12:25 AM
    Never ever buy third party batteries

Third party = fake right ?

Buy original.
    03-30-12 02:27 AM
    When "original" battery prices go down to realistic levels I will consider buying one, but since my money is restricted I need to buy what I can.

Third party does not equal fake... It is just as real a battery as a genuine blackberry one. Sure it is not a genuine "BlackBerry" branded battery. I am asking does it continually need activating? Or once it is "activated" does that last for the entire life of the battery no matter how many times it is removed and put back into the phone?
    03-30-12 03:36 AM
    i think i bought the same battery as yours
    This one right ?
    Amazon.com: 1500 mAh F-S1 Battery with Battery Decoder for Blackberry Torch 9800: Cell Phones & Accessories

and to answer your question , No you only need one time activation unless your putting the battery in another device , and both original and the new battery will work after activation.You just need to follow the steps written at the back of the activator.

Do not forget to charge your new battery 6-8 hours before using to have a good battery life.
    03-31-12 06:07 AM
    You should try the search function and see for yourself, the problems people have with theses cheap knockoffs.
    03-31-12 09:10 AM
    I purchased a third party battery in the past on Ebay with an activation device and before I could use it after a reboot or battery pull I have to use the activation device. If not I receive a big 'X' when booting up.

Its good for extreme emergencies but I'm not planning on buying one again.
    03-31-12 06:01 PM
    I see, well I will have to see how this one works. My blackberry is in the mail and could take several days to get here and that is IF everything goes well.

If I go on ebay and buy an "official" blackberry battery, would it work in the phone? or would that official battery need activating also? The reason I ask is this 3rd party one I bought looks like a genuine battery, even to the point of it having a blackberry hologram on it.
    04-02-12 05:41 AM
    btw, this is the exact one I ordered: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    04-02-12 05:59 AM
    The official battery don't need to be activated. U jus put it in the phone and then ur good to go. U should buy the battery from the crackberry shop. They are well priced and they ship the same day. I had brought one last week
    04-02-12 03:14 PM
    I may, especially if I have issues with the new third party one.
    04-02-12 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD