I currently have a the 4 GB memory card that my 9800 originally came with. I am planning on upgrading to the 16 GB as I use my phone for my music player as well.

I was wondering if going from 4 GB to 16 GB, will this affect the performance of my phone in any way? For example: lag and such?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-11 08:38 AM
    You shouldn't notice any difference in normal use. Size won't make a difference, but SD cards come in several speed classes. The practical difference on a smartphone is academic - playback data rate is slower than the slowest class, and the difference in write speed should only be a few seconds even for the largest files when copied to the card.
    dbugem likes this.
    12-14-11 06:27 PM
    Alright, that's what I was thinking as well. Thanks for the reply and I will update later on today

12-15-11 08:58 AM
    I upgraded mine to a 16GB as well... Only difference is I got a lot more space now
    12-15-11 01:02 PM
    Day to day performance should not be affected by the SD card. Rebooting will be slower as the card is read. Sometimes there will be a delay while the card is scanned and indexed. But other than those exceptions all should be well. My 9800 ran just fine with a 32 gig card now sitting in the 9810.
    12-15-11 01:26 PM
    Day to day performance should not be affected by the SD card. Rebooting will be slower as the card is read. Sometimes there will be a delay while the card is scanned and indexed. But other than those exceptions all should be well. My 9800 ran just fine with a 32 gig card now sitting in the 9810.
    How is the 9810 in comparison to the 9800 by the way?

12-15-11 05:15 PM
    How is the 9810 in comparison to the 9800 by the way?

Faster overall. Not quite so many spinning wheels. Great screen resolution. A worthy upgrade IMHO. Still loving the form factor. Would love themes but the overall is very good.
    12-15-11 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD