Hey everyone, I love my Torch unfortunately my front buttons are falling off and my device is extremely loose. Whenever I use the touch screen the entire screen shakes.

I was planning on taking it in to the AT&T store tomorrow morning on my way to work but I have a little problem. I was at a 7-11 a few hours ago and dropped my phone! It has a little ding in the top left corner under the lock button.

I was wondering can I still exchange it for a different Torch? Or since I dropped it am I out of luck and have to go through insurance?
    09-06-10 11:02 PM
    And a follow-up question.... does insurance give you a new phone, or a refurb?
    09-06-10 11:08 PM
    I was planning on taking it in to the AT&T store tomorrow morning on my way to work but I have a little problem. I was at a 7-11 a few hours ago and dropped my phone! It has a little ding in the top left corner under the lock button.

I was wondering can I still exchange it for a different Torch? Or since I dropped it am I out of luck and have to go through insurance?
    Try exchanging it first - if its really just a little ding wait until the store is real busy to do the exchange. Be 'helpful' by removing the sim for the rep and make sure you got everything in the box + the memory card in the phone.

I did something close to that after I dropped my 9700 and did a warranty exchange at an AT&T Device Support Center.

Its worth a shot trying before paying the insurance deductible...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 11:57 PM
    Sorry to hijack your thread but do you think there is any way you could post a picture of your Torch's buttons, and how they're falling off exactly? I'm going to buy one today and I want to check for possible tells about that issue. Thanks in advance!!!
    09-07-10 12:19 AM
    If I press the back button it causes the end call button to pop up. Ill try to post a picture later but its like they weren't properly glued on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 01:08 AM
    I had the button-falling-off problem too. karimsallo its the buttons on each side of the trackpad.. the 4 big ones at the bottom. It's a rather thin piece of plastic and seems to be attached to the phone by some not-so-well-working doublesided foam tape. Mine started peeling up a bit on the "talk" button end, and I exchanged it with no problems. The sales guy even said he'd had one person come in and the whole thing had come loose on his. I'm sure there'll be aftermarket replacements that'll be much better than this, although my current torch (#3) has no problems yet with that, or with the slider being loose.

OP: go in and tell them about the buttons, and show them... maybe hold your hand over the part of the phone with the ding on it. You should be able to replace it with little problems.
    09-07-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD