Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By swegeman
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default question about cradlepoint devices

I was looking at some of the cradlepoint routers at work today (I work at Best Buy) and was wondering if any fellow torch users have tried any of their wireless routers with your torch. I think the cradlepoint would be a neat little device to have in handy. Anyone???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

I don't have direct experience with Cradlepoint and my Torch (only had the Torch for a day so far), but I did set up a CTR500 with a Cannon IP webcam. Cradlepoint's equipment and customer service are top notch. I highly recommend their stuff!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Sweet! I was thinking about getting their new 3g/4g router for my torch so I can make my own wireless hotspot. Although, when I looked for compatible devices, it only listed a few blackberry devices. Just wanted to know if it would be compatible with the torch.

CrackBerry User

Best bet is probably to contact Cradlepoint. Their online support is great - even let me mess around with the CTR500's firmware before I bought one (needed to make sure some features would work for me).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Gonna go ahead and make the purchase and see what happens. If it doesn't work out for me, I will just return it. Thanks for all the info!

CrackBerry Newbie

Well....how did it go? Please let us know if it worked with the Torch!
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts

ive heard a lot of good things about cradlepoints and older bb models..should be no issues on the 9800
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview

We don't BEND, WE BLEND #TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a Torch with a PHS300, works but it is tricky, and I'm still wondering why sometimes I have to reboot, then do the full power off by software and then it connects!
    when works it connects in 7 seconds and always works

please lets share our experiences
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

Any updates on how well the cradlepoint works on the Torch?
    CrackBerry User

yes i am curious to know how it went too.
    Currently: BB Torch 9800 (white)

Prior:
    BB Torch 9800 (black)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    IPhone 3GS
    BB Bold 9700 (twice)
    Samsung Vibrant, Galaxy S Series
    Motorola Cliq 1st
    BB Pearl 8120
    TMo Mytouch 1st
    Samsung Gravity 1st
    BB Curve (forget which)
    Garminfone
    TMo Dash 3G

I am a cell phone junkie....can't recall when i first started.....hey, they say the first step is admitting it
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am returning my Cradlepoint PHS-300 as I could not get it working with my Torch. Used the Cradlepoint tech support - and was told a) it is not supported, and b) a pointer to a link that discusses how to get Blackberry's to work with it (which I had tried many times before contacting support) - net: support did not help, and was not very helpful (which I understand for an unsupported device.)

What I did:
    - updated PHS-300 to latest firmware
    - followed instructions to the letter, both 'native' instructions (out of the box), instructions on the weblink from Cradlepoint referring to Blackberries, and other posts on the 'net.
    - situation is always the same - the PHS-300 sees the Torch, but the connection to the internet is never made (status of "Suspended") I am thinking this is a restriction of my corporate Blackberry as it should work, but does not.

And yes, I did the 'unplug, reboot, power down, etc' steps - all with the same results.

FYI, here's the response from Cradlepoint Technical Support on a 'support incident' I had opened prior to my live chat w/their Tech Support team.

Thank you for contacting us with you concern. The AT&T BlackBerry Torch is not supported with the CradlePoint, and we have not had any customers report that they have been successful in getting it connected on their own. As such, there is nothing we can do to help you get this phone to connect to the CradlePoint to provide interent.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

[name of rep removed]

CradlePoint Customer Service

support@cradlepoint.com
    Last edited by Terry851; 06-03-2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added additional information
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Terry851 View Post
    I am returning my Cradlepoint PHS-300 as I could not get it working with my Torch. Used the Cradlepoint tech support - and was told a) it is not supported, and b) a pointer to a link that discusses how to get Blackberry's to work with it (which I had tried many times before contacting support) - net: support did not help, and was not very helpful (which I understand for an unsupported device.)

What I did:
    - updated PHS-300 to latest firmware
    - followed instructions to the letter, both 'native' instructions (out of the box), instructions on the weblink from Cradlepoint referring to Blackberries, and other posts on the 'net.
    - situation is always the same - the PHS-300 sees the Torch, but the connection to the internet is never made (status of "Suspended") I am thinking this is a restriction of my corporate Blackberry as it should work, but does not.

And yes, I did the 'unplug, reboot, power down, etc' steps - all with the same results.

FYI, here's the response from Cradlepoint Technical Support on a 'support incident' I had opened prior to my live chat w/their Tech Support team.

Thank you for contacting us with you concern. The AT&T BlackBerry Torch is not supported with the CradlePoint, and we have not had any customers report that they have been successful in getting it connected on their own. As such, there is nothing we can do to help you get this phone to connect to the CradlePoint to provide interent.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

[name of rep removed]

CradlePoint Customer Service

support@cradlepoint.com
    I've had the exact same experience with the Bold 9780 and the PHS300 despite trying every thing I can find on making it work. Interestingly, I took my CIM card out of the Bold 9780 and put it into my old Curve and it works perfectly with the PHS300. Go figure.

Perhaps this weekend, I'll go back and try an older version of the Bold 9780 system software and see if it works.

Updated Information - June 16 2011
    Success - I can't confirm what resolved it, but it works flawlessly now with Bold 9780 on T-Mobile and the PHS-300.
    Last edited by panamapat; 06-16-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Updated Info
    CrackBerry User

Default My old 9000 works but the 9800 is questionable?

i have a cradlepoint mbr1000 and my old 9000 works flawlessly?
    I try using my torch 9800 and sometimes it does and other times irt doesn't i just can't figure out what does and waht doesn't make it work. i wanted to use my Torch as the Primary moden and use the 9000 as failover/failback. when i do get my 9800 to work which it does sometimes the failover to the 900 works great but the failback to the 9800 doesn't? the 9800 says modem mode enabled but the cradlepoint router just keeps bling estabishing.

Does anyone have any suggestions??
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Works, but....

My Torch works with my PHS300 with one caveat: I have to have recently teathered it with my laptop via Blackberry Desktop. It'll work for a time after that, but then I'll have to reset the connection again.

If I could find a way to clear the "suspended" status without the use of Desktop, I'd be satisfied with my purchase. As it stands now it's not reliable.

Anyone find a way to get past "suspened?" Someone mentioned doing a hard reset in software; I'll try that next.
    CrackBerry User

Default cradlepoint mbr1000 and bold 9900 on ATT

I have a Cradlepoint MBR1000 router, and ! too used to have a Torch 9800 and a old Bold 9000.
    The bold 9000 worked flawlessly, but the torch was a mystery to me some days it would connect and somes days it would not connect . I used to switch my sim card from the torch to the old 900 to get it to work.

I just got a NEW bold 9900 ATT last week and the Bold 9900 works PERFECTLY!! with the cradlepoint MBR 1000 router!! I just followed the blackberry instructions for MBR routers and plugged it in and it connects everytime!! I can get speed up to 5Mb on a good night and about 1.5 during the day with with 4G connection. Just though I pass on the info since it was such a struggle before with the 9800!
    snobus23 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thank, that is really helpful. My Curve 9300 works just great, although for some reason I periodically have to reboot the settings with the APN. I have no idea why.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default CradlePoint PHS300

People, read

The last firmware support this devices. If you have blackberry, please use one compatible with this cradle for get best performance on data w/out any troubles

Handsets
    HP iPaq 910 / AT&T
    HTC Touch / Sprint
    HTC Mogul PPC-6800 / Sprint
    HTC Apache PPC-6700 / Sprint
    LG VX8000, VX8300 / Verizon
    LG VX7200 / Verizon
    LG Musiq / Sprint
    LG Fusic LX-500 / Sprint
    Motorola v3c RAZR / Sprint, Verizon
    Motorola RAZR v3xx / AT&T
    Motorola RAZR2 / Sprint
    Motorola Q, Q9c / Sprint
    Motorola Q v9h / AT&T
    Motorola KRZR / Sprint
    Palm 700w / Sprint, Verizon
    Palm 700p / Verizon
    Palm 755p / Sprint
    Palm Centro / Sprint
    Note: Palm Centro requires Router Rev. 1.1 hardware or later, or use of an external
    hub.
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 / AT&T <-----------this support 3G & HSPA+ a.k.a H+
    RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8130 / Sprint, Verizon
    RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 / Sprint, Verizon
    RIM BlackBerry 8703e / Sprint, Verizon
    RIM BlackBerry 8830 / Sprint, Verizon
    RIM BlackBerry 9530 Storm / Verizon
    Samsung ACE / Sprint
    Samsung A900, A900M, A920 / Sprint
    Samsung SCH-i830 / Sprint
    Samsung SGH-A707 / AT&T
    Samsung Blackjack (SGH-i607) / AT&T
    Samsung SPH-m520 / Sprint
    Sanyo M1 / Sprint
    Sanyo SCP-6600 (Katana) / Sprint
    Sanyo Katana 2 / Sprint
    Sanyo SCP-8400 / Sprint

happy new year
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default PSH300 work flawless with ATT w/ tether unlimited plan on BB9810

I tested Blackberry Torch 9810 from ATT US and I get a connection flawless. Work great and the signal es very good, The connection is stable and never I get coalition or disconnected from blackberry.

No have a special configuration or AT Command. The setting panel is blank, only I marked Super G option and the Aggressive Modem is enabled. That it all.

have, ATT 7.1 OS