Since the switch from the 8700 to the curve 8300 we have seen a substantial decline in device quality. Blackberries are geared more towards consumers, and breaking easily so consumers continue to buy new ones.

They are just not made to last more than 6 months. I have had a 7100, 8700,8300, 8310,9500, 9700... Although the 9700 is a little better quality then the original curve...

I had issue with the storm 3 weeks in with a loose screen..etc...

Adding another delicate piece to the pie with a sliding mechanism will not be pretty. All though i am a complete blackberry fanboy.. I truly believe that Apple maybe the only one to properly pull off the slider to where it will last more then 6 months.

HTC has tried in the past, with there sliders being very very sturdy, in hopes that wear and tear will stop those from falling down...

I have learned my lesson from the Storm and will wait for generation 2 or 3 blackberry model. I had way to many issues.
    03-04-10 06:33 AM
    Yeah, blackberry quality has gotten horrible... My confidence in a slider holding up isn't very good these days.

2yrs ago; different story
    03-04-10 10:39 AM
    "They are just not made to last more than 6 months."

you must beat the crap out of yours. that is not at all what i observe from a pool of quite a few users.
    03-09-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD