I would like to begin a Pro-Cons-General Reviews thread. Please only in this format and please only respond if you are a 30+ day Torch owner. I would kindly ask the mods to delete any threads which may arise with "The Torch is OK, but the ______ is better" as that is not what this thread is intended for. This thread is for 30 day+ Torch owners to share the experiences so that potential owners can get clear reviews. Note: 30+ days is so that we know you have truly had time to utilize your Torch to its fullest.

PROS:
    Holster magnet profile change: I know all BBs(?) have this, but to me it's still a feature over other (non-torch) phones. I love the fact that I can have my Torch in my vehicle (or whatnot) and it will sing to the high-heavens with it's notifiers, but I can place it in my holster when I walk in to an office an be assured it won't make a peep.
    Mail Delivery: BB has mail delivery down. I do not use Enterprise, but my BIS mail service has never failed me on my Torch. I get emails reliably on time.
    Screen Size: Some may say the Torch has a small screen; I feel the Torch has an excellent screen for what I need to use it for. I personally don't need to hold a tablet PC up to my head when I use a phone.
    Multi-input ability: Now and then I will have to use my Wife's Android based phone and it KILLS me when 1) I don't have a keyboard, 2) don't have the precision of the trackpad to scroll between words for corrections.
    Today Screen: All updates in one screen
    Universal Search: Just start typing and you will begin searching your entire BB. Or, you can click browser to make a (Google) search.

Cons:
    I will have to speak from OS .246 since I got out of .141 ASAP
    1st Gen: Being a 1st Gen phone, there are small glitches which will arise, but it appears as though RIM is jumping on these (.161/.214/.225/.246).
    Screen Resolution: This is really a low priority for me, but still it would be nice to have a little better resolution for today's market. For the majority of what I do (97%) the screen is fine. For the other 3%, it would be nice to have better quality.
    Creaking slider: This is my first slider, so maybe all sliders end up with play? And, it's not a real big deal to me. If I didn't read these forums, I probably wouldn't even notice/care about this... but it IS there, so I will list it.

Those are the main P/C's I could think of off hand. Overall, the Torch is an outstanding business phone. If I want to watch TV, I watch a TV. If I want to browse the web, I find a PC. If I want to conduct business on the road, I use my Torch.
    Last edited by KahneFan; 10-04-10 at 09:56 AM.
    10-04-10 12:15 AM
    very nice.. i haven't received my torch yet but nice to read a good honest review.
    10-04-10 12:27 AM
    I've had my Torch for just over 30 days now....

Pros:

-new webkit browser
    -amazing keyboard
    -touchscreen AND trackpad navigation
    -universal search
    -you no longer have to adjust browser settings to use wifi
    -social feeds-->get your favorite RSS feeds and also link your twitter/FB/BBM etc to the same location. You no longer have to switch between apps
    -new notification bar-->one click to see all new notifications
    -one touch acces to all connections-->you no longer have to look for your manage notifications icon
    -sliding trays makes organizing apps/icons easier

Cons:

-the web browser could be better. Sometimes it cam be a bit laggy. Not a huge problem but definitley something that needs attention
    -only has one side convenience key
    -the res of the screen could be better, not bad but could be better in comparison to other smartphones

Overall:

I think the BlackBerry Torch is a great device. It has all the things we love about BBs and more.
    10-04-10 09:38 AM
    I've had my Torch for just over 30 days now....

Pros:

-new webkit browser
    -amazing keyboard
    -touchscreen AND trackpad navigation
    -universal search
    -you no longer have to adjust browser settings to use wifi
    -social feeds-->get your favorite RSS feeds and also link your twitter/FB/BBM etc to the same location. You no longer have to switch between apps
    -new notification bar-->one click to see all new notifications
    -one touch acces to all connections-->you no longer have to look for your manage notifications icon
    -sliding trays makes organizing apps/icons easier

Cons:

-the web browser could be better. Sometimes it cam be a bit laggy. Not a huge problem but definitley something that needs attention
    -only has one side convenience key
    -the res of the screen could be better, not bad but could be better in comparison to other smartphones

Overall:

I think the BlackBerry Torch is a great device. It has all the things we love about BBs and more.
    10-04-10 09:39 AM
    Before anyone else adds, the processor has received much attention for being under powered based mainly upon the specs but not as bad in practice.
    10-04-10 11:35 AM
    Con:

wifi connectivity. this is a big issue for me. I like to use wifi at home and at work, yet it takes cycling the wifi on and off 2-3 times for it to connect with the BIS symbol @ home - NetGear router - and speed tests show only 20-26 kbps speeds.
    10-04-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD