i have a data plan and everything for my torch but BBM, Facebook, Twitter apps etc. dont work and i have no clue why.

BBM-i try to add people to my contact list and it stays on pending for example i tried to add my bro and its been on pending for a month at least if not more.

facebook, twitter etc- says that the data plan i have doesnt support them. my dad asked at&t and all they said was they should work since i can go on their websites online on the phone and that its a problem with the apps and they have no control over that. i think its somethings but im not an expert.

PLEASE HELP!!! thanks
    04-19-11 03:02 PM
    Are you sure they have you on a BIS Blackberry data plan?
    04-19-11 03:13 PM
    i dont have a bis data plan. do you need one?? for like everything to work??
    04-19-11 03:19 PM
    You need the Blackberry data plan for those to work. AT&T should have known this and put you on it since you purchased a blackberry. You should be able to change it yourself on the AT&T website on your account or just give them a call and they can do it over the phone.
    NvBmxican822 likes this.
    04-19-11 03:22 PM
    well i bought the phone at wal-mart brand new and they didnt say anything. but i got itr for free cause they had the price wrong and they showed it as frre so i got free lol
    04-19-11 03:52 PM
    well i bought the phone at wal-mart brand new and they didnt say anything. but i got itr for free cause they had the price wrong and they showed it as frre so i got free lol
    you will have to call your carrier, and get a "blackberry specific" (BIS) data plan in order for your device to function properly...

not suprised that wel-mart didn't mention. on the back of their blue vests it says "safety" is their priority. Not knowledge, or customer service ...

you might be able to just add-on BIS connectivity, but your carrier will know for sure
    04-19-11 08:27 PM
    The Carrier will hook you up with BIS and then all your data related features will work. Walmart and other non electronic stores dont really get people set up right. Even Radio Shack will go through the activation process with you before you leave the store. AT&T will have you read a couple things off to them and they should have you up and running in no time.
    04-19-11 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD