When ever I watch a video and I get maybe 5-10mins in the movie the video starts to unsync with the voices, has anyone gotten this issue an is there a fix for this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 02:02 AM
    I've realized this after updating to .214. I haven't watched anything over say 1 minute or so... but i end up having to hit stop, back out, and select again and sometimes it will stay synced. Weird though is that the video looks to noticeably slow down when this happens.
    09-09-10 02:29 AM
    Even before th.214 update the video would tend to do that, idk if its ithe file or should it be scaled down to a lower resolution, this only happens to me with .AVI files i haent tried any others
    09-09-10 02:33 AM
    any videos streamed from the browser seem to be fine. The videos I've noticed that do it are videos i've actually take with the phones video recorder itself. They are however saved on the 8gb sd i have in there now.... could it be the sd? maye the sd is too slow (wouldnt doubt it honestly its been in and out of 4 blackberries now ;-)

i donno... i'll try saving it to the phone's internal memory and try...

Edit: Interestingly enough i save it to the phone's internal memory and i cant get it to do it... Maybe my sd card is the culprit?...
    Last edited by MadGoat1979; 09-09-10 at 09:58 PM.
    09-09-10 09:35 PM
    Well I sometimes have this problem when playing youtube videos but definetley not videos recorded by the device itself =S

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 11:04 PM
    Edit: Interestingly enough i save it to the phone's internal memory and i cant get it to do it... Maybe my sd card is the culprit?...
    I had the same problem with my pictures lagging and some vids shot with my old 9000 were sluggish and out of sync somewhat. I moved them to the phone memory and no more problems. Just upgraded to .214 but haven't tried any vids yet. I have the stock SD card that comes in the phone.

FWIW I think the phone memory will always be faster than the SD card. Maybe quicker access to the processor, who knows.
    09-10-10 12:45 AM
    this only happens to me with .AVI files i haent tried any others
    It's happening with mp4 files as well. I thought that it was a Handbrake encoding problem. I'll try moving the next video to the internal storage prior to watching it.
    09-10-10 10:21 AM
    During lunch, I watched an episode of Breaking Bad. Before doing so, I moved the file from the memory card to the onboard memory. There were no perceptible lip-sync issues when watching this episode.

That may just be coincidence. But, the previous lip sync issues have also been with Breaking Bad episodes that were converted to MP4 files the exact same way as this one was.

For now, I will continue to move video files to the on-board memory before watching them.
    09-10-10 01:04 PM
    Could be a sdcard speed issue. Not all sd cards are created equal.
    09-10-10 01:05 PM
    Could be a sdcard speed issue. Not all sd cards are created equal.
    they make them in classes 2, 4, 6 and 10. Each class was designed for a diferent purpose and has diferent speed capabilities.

visit: SD Speed Class - SD Association : if you want to read all the tech specs
    09-10-10 01:20 PM
    You also might want to check the formatting of the card.

32k cluster size will slightly improve speeds at the cost of some space.

Also odds are if you bought a card on a general "listing" based reseller like Amazon or ebay you got a counterfeit card, which often perform below rated speeds or don't actually hold the amount listed.
    09-10-10 01:29 PM
    I've noticed that the zoom affects the video/audio syncs on my phone. If I have the video zoomed in to fit the screen a certain way... the video will not be synced. But if I leave it as 1:1... then all the videos seem to play smoothly.
    09-12-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD